Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Aaron Smith...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Aaron Smith...

Postby kapone » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:48 am

The guy is fast becoming my favorite Steeler. His shoulder pads are too small, his helmet just sits on top of his head (like a kid they couldn't find the right size uniform) , and he's playing though pain...

What a beast.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Aaron Smith...

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:11 pm

He makes a big difference in there Very strong against the run

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:00 pm

kapone wrote:The guy is fast becoming my favorite Steeler. His shoulder pads are too small, his helmet just sits on top of his head (like a kid they couldn't find the right size uniform) , and he's playing though pain...

What a beast.

lol damn I'm glad someone else noticed his fat melon squeezed into that B-cup. Kinda adds to the intimidation factor if you ask me ("I'll play with whatever gear they got 'cause I don't give a fuck, I just wanna hurt QBs!").

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:55 pm

he's a bad dude. doesn't get much attention from the media, but imo one of the most irreplaceable members of that defense

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm

As both a Shaler and Edinboro U. grad McLovin has some friends in low places. One of McLovin's compsdres was a former bartender in Denver area and got to know several Denver athletes but said that "Smitty" of Northern Colorado far and away nicest of the bunch just a real good guy who could throw down some beers. As for Smitty the player, he deserves pro bowl mention but seems 3-4 ends don't get pro bowl recognition due to lack of sacks. He just shows up in the picture on every play viewed by McLovin on his 52' inch Mitsubishi HD DLP.

Practice Squad

Postby StillRush » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:18 pm

I kind of hate calling somebody the "MVP", especially on an intricated team game such as football, but Smitty is definitely a special player for this unit. It all starts in the trenches, and I have a hard time finding someone as good and who makes a difference game in and game out every single time, in the ENTIRE NFL. The man, besides being really nice guy off the field, is simply money every time he's in it. I definitely think him being out was the main reason we had a short playoff run last year.

Oh, and him not being a perennial Pro Bowler just goes to show how much that game is about flash and not about substance...

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Wooderson » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:20 pm

He is the ultimate Stiller. Comes to work, does his job, doesn't ask for shit. I love A.S. He is awesome.

I wish though, that he and B.K. would come up with a better celebratory 'high five'. The Top Gun thing was a little lame. But I'll take it every time!!

Return to Stillers Talk