Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Good thing we didn't sign a punter....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Good thing we didn't sign a punter....

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Berger looks superb!! he's booming the ball. 35 & 28 yards.

the TWO bad hamstrings he has doesn't appear to be bothering him at all.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Good thing we didn't sign a punter....

Postby Nel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:30 pm

He's gimpy as hell.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby westeelbelieve » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

we might as well go for it every time on 4th down and the new long snapper is getting broken in like a walk on at State College every time he snaps the ball .
WE STEEL BELIEVE

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 am

Nel wrote:He's gimpy as hell.

Not only that, he looks to be the most out of shape punter I have ever saw? No wonder he has hammy trouble, he probably don't ever run or use a treadmill or bike or anything. Pathetic. Shoot, I could punt that far for half of his money.
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:09 pm

He's been gimpy for 3 stinkin weeks. Maybe bringing someone in is a good idea. Hell Sepulveda could probably do this well in his brace.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:54 pm

We've already got the cure on the team. Just let Harrison punt, tell him the football is the commissioner and he wants to give him another fine.

Practice Squad

Postby GI Steeler » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:04 pm

westeelbelieve wrote:we might as well go for it every time on 4th down and the new long snapper is getting broken in like a walk on at State College every time he snaps the ball .

i actually read a story once about some math nerd who did this long research project about going for it on 4th down and he concluded that if you went for it everytime you had 4th and less than 5 or 6 or something, it would be statiscally beneficial. the additional scoring resulting from these extra possession would outweigh the short fields you gave up.

i dont remember it exactly

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, Mitch "Hamstring" Berger is now released from the team and the other punter from pre-season, Paul Ernster, replaced him.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Stillustronic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:15 am

GI Steeler wrote:
westeelbelieve wrote:we might as well go for it every time on 4th down and the new long snapper is getting broken in like a walk on at State College every time he snaps the ball .

i actually read a story once about some math nerd who did this long research project about going for it on 4th down and he concluded that if you went for it everytime you had 4th and less than 5 or 6 or something, it would be statiscally beneficial. the additional scoring resulting from these extra possession would outweigh the short fields you gave up.

i dont remember it exactly

I believe it was a guy from MIT, and he sent a paper out to every NFL team and that guy in the shadows of Bill Belichick read it more seriously than everybody else. The guy's name came up during spygate. He's always beside Bill.

Google Ernie Adams, the Football Research Director for the New England Patriots, and see where he got some of his influence from, and see the special analytical talents he can process while the game is being played. Bill 'back pocket right hand man'. The professor from MIT escapes me but I did read that over a year ago.

Return to Stillers Talk