Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Smith vs Carter

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Smith vs Carter

Postby StillMex » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:18 am

I don´t know you guys, but I can see clearly that Smith is much more faster and agressive than Cartes is, I remembered Smith taking out Miami´s Lamar Gordin in his rookie yaer, also recall making some dump comments when we played NE and got compeltely burned.
Is there a reason why he isn´t the second runner as FS up instead of Carter which is clearly a slow, very slow SS?

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Smith vs Carter

Postby ILLSTILL » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:19 am

Quite honestly, Smith does not look right in a steelers uniform. Last year, I saw time and time again that he only went for the big hit on a defenseless receiver. That is not steelers football. That's more like Bengals football.

Carter, who has not shown much this year, played a few great games, and was all over the field.

For the millionth time, Smith said nothing wrong when he said that "guarantee", as you may call it.

Smith's guarantee was correct. He said if they did not give up any big plays and played solid football, they would win.

Same can be said for any team in 85% of games.

Smith did play an AWFUL game against the pats, and some would say he was the reason for the Steelers 1-3 finish.

His second worst game (imo) was against the rams, including when I finally was fed up with him on a touchdown pass from st louis that could have easily been incomplete had smith TACKLED his receiver instead of just kind of hug him.

The key is that I'm sure Tomlin idiotically believed the bullshit that espn was selling, and put smith on a short leash after that.

One thing I want to bring up with smith is that he had 2 picks last year, and I felt they were both pretty big ones (vs. Broncos, Jaguars). Plenty of dbs pad their stats with late who-cares interceptions (ex:entire stillers defense), but I won't soon forget those two plays he made, even though they were both in games they lost.

However, for me personally, it was realizing how cowardly he was that did it for me.

Carter is slow, but really, smith is no better.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby punum123 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Smith always does his best impersonation of Delton Hall. Looks for the big hit...can't cover much.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 pm

The old regime on this site was in love with Anthony Smith. The very mention of this guy being a bust was blasphemy. Now Tony is buried so far in Tomlin's doghouse McLovin doubts we will ever see if this guy can develop into a player. So he's a classless trash talker...at least let him play the dime and special teams... you know what you have in Carter a slow, ankle tackler who can't cover deep. What a bad draft for Colby trading up to get SanTOKEo then trading down with Minny only to take two stiffs in Willie Reid and Tony. Vikes didn't fair much better with the choice of Taveres Jackson. McLovin much too pleased with the play of Ryan Clark this year to even concern himself with Tony and his lack of PT. Once Clark and McFadden healthy the Steelers can resume their status as #1 defense against the pass.

Return to Stillers Talk