Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » on second thought

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

on second thought

Postby blackbrown&gold » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:08 am

watched the game on replay last night, and came away thinking that it was really not as bad as I had originally thought. couple big plays were all of the difference, such as nates drop of a long ball in the first q.

But, here is the whole game: Take a look at Ben's third int in the 4th quarter, 8 yards to the right was a WIDE fucking open Heath Miller with noone within 15 yards. had ben seen, and tossed it to him, it was a touchdown. that was the game.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: on second thought

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 am

blackbrown&gold wrote:
But, here is the whole game: Take a look at Ben's third int in the 4th quarter, 8 yards to the right was a WIDE fucking open Heath Miller with noone within 15 yards. had ben seen, and tossed it to him, it was a touchdown. that was the game.

4 total yards by the offense in the 4th quarter was the game.

Practice Squad

Postby SNW » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Three penalties in three plays was the game.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby 1fourdathumb » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm

heath freakin miller is probably open 80% of the time. the problem is ben usually running around like the preverbial chicken, panicks, and throws to the very first guy he sees no matter if he's open or not. run some damn quick slants, some screen plays, no middle screens please and maybe every team left won't pin their ears back like they've been doing as much. Try swinging the back out of the backfield once in a while. other teams do it and yet we have a hard time covering them half of the time. why can't we try it bruce. do you read these posts??? you should. ;)

Seasoned Veteran

Postby rick723 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:54 pm

blackbrown&gold wrote:watched the game on replay last night, and came away thinking that it was really not as bad as I had originally thought. couple big plays were all of the difference, such as nates drop of a long ball in the first q.

Where have you been Bill Cowher?
Save for 2 or 3 plays we're right where we want to be huh?

Practice Squad

Postby StillCurtain » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:23 am

I didn't think that the game was that bad when I watched it. Neither was the Iggles game.

If the Steelers are fortunate enough to meet them again this season, I will not be worried about it at all.

Not only that, I don't want the Steelers to look like mid-season, firing on all cylinders early on! Reference last year, we looked like shit in December!
"There are Two kinds of people in life, those that like the Stillers... and those that wish they did!" - a Wise Man

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:25 pm

blackbrown&gold wrote:watched the game on replay last night, and came away thinking that it was really not as bad as I had originally thought. couple big plays were all of the difference, such as nates drop of a long ball in the first q.

Yeah, but maybe Heath would have bobbled the ball and lost it to the Giants, and BenRoth (tackling the returning linebacker) would have been injured and out for the season.

The probabilities are endless when you speculate and rationalize.

Stick with reality, the Giants kicked our asses for a number of very good reasons.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ILLSTILL » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:32 am

Nel wrote:

Yeah, but maybe Heath would have bobbled the ball and lost it to the Giants, and BenRoth (tackling the returning linebacker) would have been injured and out for the season.

The probabilities are endless when you speculate and rationalize.

Stick with reality, the Giants kicked our asses for a number of very good reasons.

Jesus christ, you make a lot of damn sense.

Return to Stillers Talk