Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » the invisible goat

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

the invisible goat

Postby Steelhope » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:28 pm

The goat of the game pole has almost 650 votes....450 chose Arians.
How is it the "powers that be"...i.e. Tomlin, the Rooneys don't see it? :?:

Practice Squad

Re: the invisible goat

Postby d_iris » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 pm

i'm always happy to beat the ariass dead horse. it's nothing new and frankly, i'm tired of his shit. it's just unfortunate that we're stuck with this dillhole till the end of the season. believe me, the rooneys and tomlin see it. there is just nothing to do about it at this point. i would love to see ariass hold a press conference and have the media light his sorry ass up.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 pm

Do you think we will ever see Tomlin calling an offensive play in real time?

Man, I would love so see that, to see him take over some of Arians duties.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 am

Nel wrote:Do you think we will ever see Tomlin calling an offensive play in real time?

Man, I would love so see that, to see him take over some of Arians duties.

You know what McLovin would love? Tomlin to review Arians "game plan" and make sure it isn't the exact same one repeated every freaking week! McLovin has said it before, with the exception of the Miami Dolphins who at least experiment with the "wild cat" and trickeration the only way to tell one NFL offense from the next is the different color uniforms. Put the average fan in front of a black and white TV and ask him to tell you what freakin team theyre watching and you'd get 31 different answers. McLovin is in salty mood today somebody cheer him up please

Seasoned Veteran

Postby dirtydave61 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:15 am

I think Ben should have been a choice also ... or at least an Arians/Big Ben choice.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:21 am

It would be interesting to know how much input Ben has on the "game plan." McLovin's heard it said that Arians completely takes out plays Ben doesn't like. Maybe Ben hates wr passes, reverses, and flea flickers, and play action fakes.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:05 am

Steelhope wrote:The goat of the game pole has almost 650 votes....450 chose Arians.

Maybe because the Rooneys know that basing football decisions on a fan poll is asinine?

Remember, in 1974, the newspaper ran a poll as to who should be the starting quarterback...and Terry Bradshaw lost in a landslide to Terry Hanratty.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:12 am

Jeemie wrote:
Steelhope wrote:The goat of the game pole has almost 650 votes....450 chose Arians.

Maybe because the Rooneys know that basing football decisions on a fan poll is asinine?

Remember, in 1974, the newspaper ran a poll as to who should be the starting quarterback...and Terry Bradshaw lost in a landslide to Terry Hanratty.

Oh...so the 450 of us who sees what a lousy OC Arians is are mistaken. Yeah right.
I'm not saying get rid of him because of a poll. I'm saying it is obvious many of us see how bad he is so why can't they!
There is a difference.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 am

Steelhope wrote:Oh...so the 450 of us who sees what a lousy OC Arians is are mistaken. Yeah right.
I'm not saying get rid of him because of a poll. I'm saying it is obvious many of us see how bad he is so why can't they!
There is a difference.

I don't like Arians either.

But all the problems on "O" are not his fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 am

The point is we the fans want the Rooney's to know that a change needs to be made at the offensive coordinator position. McLovin doubts a poll would sway their decision, but hopefully they have the experience to know when they make a mistake as they did in pushing Joe Walton on Chuck Noll. McLovin hopes that the Rooneys are not so wrapped up in Obama and trying to settle their financial issues that they don't neglect the running of the team. Where are the contract extensions for our gluttony of FAs like McFadden and Marvel? McLovin hopes Dan and Art noticed the whopping 4 yards our offense gained in our 4th quarter "Comeback" against the Giants.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:12 am

Steelhope often agrees with Mclovin....oh shit now Mclovin has Steelhope doing it!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 pm

McLovin wrote:The point is we the fans want the Rooney's to know that a change needs to be made at the offensive coordinator position. McLovin doubts a poll would sway their decision, but hopefully they have the experience to know when they make a mistake as they did in pushing Joe Walton on Chuck Noll. McLovin hopes that the Rooneys are not so wrapped up in Obama and trying to settle their financial issues that they don't neglect the running of the team. Where are the contract extensions for our gluttony of FAs like McFadden and Marvel? McLovin hopes Dan and Art noticed the whopping 4 yards our offense gained in our 4th quarter "Comeback" against the Giants.

Does McLovin notice that Smith has been out several weeks with a back issue for the second year in a row?

Yet McLovin lists Smith as a FA the Steelers should re-sign?

Does McLovin realize that Kemo is dumber than a box of rocks and has not had a good season, so maybe that's why the Fo hasn't moved to re-sign Kemo?

Maybe the Rooneys saw all this and realized that McLovin don't know shit?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Jeemie wrote:
Steelhope wrote:Oh...so the 450 of us who sees what a lousy OC Arians is are mistaken. Yeah right.
There is a difference.

I'm not putting ALL the blame on the OC.... its too late to do much about the O-line this year...but they could replace Arians now! We have players with nice contracts on the bench...so bench Arians!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Steelhope wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
There is a difference.

I'm not putting ALL the blame on the OC.... its too late to do much about the O-line this year...but they could replace Arians now! We have players with nice contracts on the bench...so bench Arians!!!

It's not all on the O-line either.

I'll make a bet with you. Review Sunday's game and tick off the average time each QB had to throw before pressure got there.

I bet you $5 the difference between the amount of time Ben had and the amount of time Eli had is not statistically significantly different.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Jeemie
you are probably right...even when Ben has time to get rid of it he doesn't ...I agree with another poster on another thread...Ben has a bad case of the "slows"

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Jeemie wrote:

[quote]

$5 wow Jeemie don't spend that McDonald's paycheck all in one place. I know McLovin is going straight home to watch for that split second difference. "Sorry Molly McLovin no pickle tickle for you tonight some boy on Stillers has this $5 bet McLovin simply must win!"

Earlier you said it wasn't Arians, now you're saying its not the OL. So instead of wagering your salary why not just say what you mean. Is little Jeemie trying to say that Ben holds the ball too long...Scalaid says that at least 50 times a day. Try to come up with an original arguement and save that $5 for the gas to get you to and from McDonald's tonight.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 am

McLovin wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

$5 wow Jeemie don't spend that McDonald's paycheck all in one place. I know McLovin is going straight home to watch for that split second difference. "Sorry Molly McLovin no pickle tickle for you tonight some boy on Stillers has this $5 bet McLovin simply must win!"

Earlier you said it wasn't Arians, now you're saying its not the OL. So instead of wagering your salary why not just say what you mean. Is little Jeemie trying to say that Ben holds the ball too long...Scalaid says that at least 50 times a day. Try to come up with an original arguement and save that $5 for the gas to get you to and from McDonald's tonight.

My original argument is that it's a combination of all those things, and has been for some time, but this year, Ben's not making plays like he used to in the past.

He's not playing up to the level we expect of him.

I don't think he's a big putz when it comes to reading defense like scalaid thinks, but he's not playing like he's capable of playing.

I want Arians gone as much as anyone else, but I see too many people blaming him and giving Ben a pass.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:39 am

McLovin not one of the people giving Ben a pass. McLovin likes Ben's pressence and leadership but McLovin would like to see Ben make his reads quicker and demonstrate an understanding that an Offensive line, especially one devoid of talent, can only hold off a good pass rush for so long. McLovin doesn't want to read Scalaid beat the drum all day that Ben holds the ball too long. It gets old really fast. Ben doesn't win or lose a game all by himself. McLovin attributes that to his competitive nature that he never gives up on a play rather than stupidity as Scalaid will have you believe. Ben is a different type of gunslinger. Favre just wound up and threw as hard as he could thinking his arm would make up for any coverage. Ben a little different in that he tries to buy time for his receivers to break open. Sometimes it works and these guys make a big play sometimes it doesn't and they throw a pick or get sacked 5 times. You live by the sword and die by the sword.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:28 pm

McLovin wrote:McLovin not one of the people giving Ben a pass. McLovin likes Ben's pressence and leadership but McLovin would like to see Ben make his reads quicker and demonstrate an understanding that an Offensive line, especially one devoid of talent, can only hold off a good pass rush for so long. McLovin doesn't want to read Scalaid beat the drum all day that Ben holds the ball too long. It gets old really fast. Ben doesn't win or lose a game all by himself. McLovin attributes that to his competitive nature that he never gives up on a play rather than stupidity as Scalaid will have you believe. Ben is a different type of gunslinger. Favre just wound up and threw as hard as he could thinking his arm would make up for any coverage. Ben a little different in that he tries to buy time for his receivers to break open. Sometimes it works and these guys make a big play sometimes it doesn't and they throw a pick or get sacked 5 times. You live by the sword and die by the sword.

Ben did not have much receiving talent on the field and the OL sucked.

Maybe some of you posters think too much.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Nel wrote:
McLovin wrote:McLovin not one of the people giving Ben a pass. McLovin likes Ben's pressence and leadership but McLovin would like to see Ben make his reads quicker and demonstrate an understanding that an Offensive line, especially one devoid of talent, can only hold off a good pass rush for so long. McLovin doesn't want to read Scalaid beat the drum all day that Ben holds the ball too long. It gets old really fast. Ben doesn't win or lose a game all by himself. McLovin attributes that to his competitive nature that he never gives up on a play rather than stupidity as Scalaid will have you believe. Ben is a different type of gunslinger. Favre just wound up and threw as hard as he could thinking his arm would make up for any coverage. Ben a little different in that he tries to buy time for his receivers to break open. Sometimes it works and these guys make a big play sometimes it doesn't and they throw a pick or get sacked 5 times. You live by the sword and die by the sword.

Ben did not have much receiving talent on the field and the OL sucked.

Maybe some of you posters think too much.

And some of you posters don't think enough

Return to Stillers Talk