Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Look deeply into your crystal ball...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Look deeply into your crystal ball...

Postby bigjoespompano » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:27 am

Let's review the rest of this season. The Stillers continue to stumble and bumble their way right into the playoffs. Maybe even win the first game before getting steam rolled by some one. Hey! Two year coach and two playoff appearances! The morons in the Pittsburgh TV/radio media and the PG have thier lips firmly planted on Tomlin's ass.

Because they had such a 'stellar' year, the major problems are AGAIN over looked (Hey! Why bother getting O-Linemen? We DID make the playoffs with what we had, you know! And Look! That Wide Reciever may fall right into our laps! eeuuuuuww! *Pant* *Pant*...) Does ANYONE in this organization have enough smarts and foresight to see what's REALLY happening and send Ariens packing or do they do their usual 'best' and see to it he is given a nice extension? And what about Coalbutt? The Rooney's seems to have this fetish for anything 'Detroit' so what happens to him?

"Hey! We DID make the play offs two years in a row! Don't get much better N' at!..."

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Look deeply into your crystal ball...

Postby Hoppy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:01 am

Don't be too sure, did you watch last night's game we play both of those strong teams. Not much scoring but tough defenses. Our "D" is going to be worn out by then. And we'll face Dallas with a healed Romo and Smith. Perhaps they'll be eliminated by then.

We'll beat the Bungals, everything else looks like a 4th Q decision and you know how well we do in those situations. Monday Night is another must game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm

i wouldn't panic just yet, we were playing the giants afterall, and would have won easily minus a few mistakes or a holding call.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 pm

bigjoespompano wrote: The Stillers continue to stumble and bumble their way right into the playoffs. ."

Who's stumbling and bumbling? The team I watch is 5-2 and in first place. Sure the fellas struggled against 2 of the top defenses in the NFL what do you expect to happen when your offesensive coordinator seemingly used the same game plan against each team. Where is the blame for Tomlin in this latest loss. He's Arians boss and it was reported by Mortensen after the Philly loss that Tomlin chewed Arians out over that loss which was followed by the quote "we will learn from our mistakes." So why the same exact shit game plan all over again? Oh wait McLovin was feeling opotomistic...Big Joe you're bringing McLovin down...who's to say last years collaspe will befall us once again...McLovin too busy basking in the tremendous defensive effort against the Giants to be taken down a path of negativity today. Silverback, Woodley, and the great Ryan Clark will lead us to playoff success...or something like that.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:08 pm

5-2 and in first place, IN THE AFC NORTH. The Browns, Ravens and Bengals all suck.

That said, I wouldn't say the Steelers are "stumbling and bumbling".
I'd say they are limping :sucrutches:

If the injuries keep up, we won't be going very far.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 pm

That said, I wouldn't say the Steelers are "stumbling and bumbling".

A loss tends to evoke the fatalist perspective in people.

I won't go there yet.

Practice Squad

Postby acehighkicker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 pm

I have to agree with one point, if we make the playoffs this year with this OLine we will not persue or draft anyone in the offseason. At this rate Ben won't be a starting QB for very long in the NFL. Our run game has done rather well this year despite the OLine can you imagine if we had a few beasts at that position.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby BigE » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Injuries are always going to be a part of the game. But, the Stillers have injuries to very key players everywhere. They need these players healthy if they are to make a deep playoff run. The Washington game coming up is absolutely huge. If the Stillers could win this game (they have a good chance, the Skins are not as good as the G-men) their next 3 games are at home against Indy (not playing well at all and not very physical), SD (hot and cold) and then Cincy. There is a good chance the Stillers could get to 9-2 if they can find a way to beat Washington. Keep the faith.

Practice Squad

Postby l33tDad » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 pm

I agree that the sky isn't falling here. I mean, as stated, the loss was against a VERY good team and out of conference to boot. Yea, okay, maybe it was a "measuring stick", but in all honesty the only thing it did was to confirm to most of us what we already knew. Over all that, we're still in charge of the NFCN and still one of, if not the, best team in the conference. We can make a statement to the NFC against the Skins and Cryboys. Have faith my Stiller brethren!!!

Return to Stillers Talk