Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I Honestly Didn't Want to Believe It but...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

I Honestly Didn't Want to Believe It but...

Postby No l Gravity l » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 am

I think Moore is more suited as the starting Steeler runningback. I kept saying to myself, Moore has faced two lackluster defenses in the Bengals and the out of sync Jags, but the Giants D was a true test and I think he played very well. If you rewatch any of the past 3 games, you can clearly see that Moore has better hands, is a better interior runner, can BREAK TACKLES, and has better vision. I do believe hes just as quick too. I mean seriously, how many times has Moore got tackled for a loss? I can probably count it on less than 1 hand in all of the 3 games hes played. I can't say the same for Parker ever probably. I dunno I just feel like I'm biting my nails less with Moore in the backfield.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: I Honestly Didn't Want to Believe It but...

Postby bigjoespompano » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:16 am

Yep, hit that nail right on the head. Too bad that when FWP comes back Moore will assume his spot on the bench and no one will ever hear from him again...

Practice Squad

Postby StillCurtain » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Moore is our third down back and Tomlin already said that he will be used more once FWP returns.
"There are Two kinds of people in life, those that like the Stillers... and those that wish they did!" - a Wise Man

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:01 pm

i've even started to wonder if moore was better than parker. i like willie, but moore is also a great receiver out of the backfield

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Lest we forget that Willie was leading the NFL in rushing heading into the last week of the season last year before snapping his leg? Look at it this way Tomlin found a weapon in MeMo he didn't know he had and hopefully will use him as a true 3rd down back to run draws and catch screens. And next year what a package of backs for our new offensive coordinator in Willie, MeMo, and Shard! C'mon guys just because Fast Willie is now Fragile Willie doesn't mean he can't bounce back and help Steelers to the playoffs! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell No! Or something like that.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Thank goodness arians didn't make our battle plans...we would all be speaking german...and/or japanese

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:19 pm

McLovin wrote:Lest we forget that Willie was leading the NFL in rushing heading into the last week of the season last year before snapping his leg? Look at it this way Tomlin found a weapon in MeMo he didn't know he had and hopefully will use him as a true 3rd down back to run draws and catch screens. And next year what a package of backs for our new offensive coordinator in Willie, MeMo, and Shard! C'mon guys just because Fast Willie is now Fragile Willie doesn't mean he can't bounce back and help Steelers to the playoffs! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell No! Or something like that.

McLovin has watched Animal house a few times. Willie is good at what he does, but being a power runner isn't his strength. With our line we are going to have to do what many have called for and use swing passes to the backs and more passes to the TE's. If this means that Moore is in there more than fast Willie than so be it. Running the ball into the line on first down and running for your life on 2nd and 3rd and long is not a reasonable game plan. For all of the fans that love the power running game, I'm sorry but until the line improves and we have a good between the tackle runner you're going to have to live with a more open offense. That's if Arians or Ben or whoever is calling the plays this week gets their head out. Someone needs to figure out that if you go into a game with a game plan and it's not working that it's ok to go to plan "B". :suspense:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Moore reads the holes well. I would have to say he has better vision and more power than Fast.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelwest » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:44 pm

He is doing his best Amos Zerouae (sp?) impression. Hitting the seams in a high powered defense.

Return to Stillers Talk