Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » I said if Pgh competed with this team, they were legit...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

I said if Pgh competed with this team, they were legit...

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:51 pm

...however, this game showcased that the O-line is so inferior, especially when compared to a legit, quality OL such as NY's.

Bottom, with this horrid OL, Pgh can't over come the weakness and they didn't in this game. That Giant's OL is as good as advertised, and our is as bad as advertised. At the end of the game, Eli had a clean jersey, while Ben looked like he had been run over by a Mac truck.

The guys tried valiantly to overcome the weak OL, but in the end, couldn't do it. THAT was the difference in the game, and will be the difference in the upcoming play off loss as well.

Thanks, front office and the Rooneys for ignoring what used to be one of the top priorities of the Steelers: The O line. For three years I've been screaming for them to address the OL in free agency and draft and for three years they have fucked up royally in improving on its depth and quality.

Thanks.

You ruined our chances of getting another ring to do this wet fart, clown of an effort.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: I said if Pgh competed with this team, they were legit...

Postby Jeemie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm

I think you need to post yet another thread on this subject.

I don't think the three identical posts that I've seen from you on this were enough.

And at least I now know that I am right not to come here for the analysis anymore, but simply for the laughs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:22 pm

lloydrules wrote:...however, this game showcased that the O-line is so inferior, especially when compared to a legit, quality OL such as NY's.

Bottom, with this horrid OL, Pgh can't over come the weakness and they didn't in this game. That Giant's OL is as good as advertised, and our is as bad as advertised. At the end of the game, Eli had a clean jersey, while Ben looked like he had been run over by a Mac truck.

The guys tried valiantly to overcome the weak OL, but in the end, couldn't do it. THAT was the difference in the game, and will be the difference in the upcoming play off loss as well.

Thanks, front office and the Rooneys for ignoring what used to be one of the top priorities of the Steelers: The O line. For three years I've been screaming for them to address the OL in free agency and draft and for three years they have fucked up royally in improving on its depth and quality.

Thanks.

You ruined our chances of getting another ring to do this wet fart, clown of an effort.

We're in real deep, considering:
a> Any half-decent performers still on this OL will be up for FA at the end of this season
b> It takes a few years to develop a draft pick OL player into NFL starter quality, especially one from day 2.
c> Colbert hasn't had the stones to go get us anything above a mid day-2 OL player for years, and it's really starting to get ugly.
d> We'll probably sell the farm again this coming off-season for garbage bench-warming OL FAs that nobody else wants from our team and waste any cap room we might otherwise have to go out and actually shop for upgrades - all in the name of "consistency in the program" :roll: (Reference: Starks' ridiculous contract)

I've already been saying that we need to focus on both lines and especially the OL for the past two drafts, and now it's beyond urgent. The DL is still tenuously holding its own, but I worry that it could give way at any moment. If we start focusing now on getting our OL back in shape, we won't see positive results until next decade, and by then Ben might be used up.

...or in a wheelchair... :sucrutches:

Sorry, but you can't pin it on anybody but that ass hat Colbert...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

We're in real deep, considering:
a> Any half-decent performers still on this OL will be up for FA at the end of this season
b> It takes a few years to develop a draft pick OL player into NFL starter quality, especially one from day 2.

This is the most disconcerting.

c> Colbert hasn't had the stones to go get us anything above a mid day-2 OL player for years, and it's really starting to get ugly.

OLs are not built in one year. But in their ignoring of the unit, it not only is ruining our chances to contend for a ring THIS year, but in all liklihood, for the next several even IF they give it proper attention (something they haven't for 3 years running now.)

d> We'll probably sell the farm again this coming off-season for garbage bench-warming OL FAs that nobody else wants from our team and waste any cap room we might otherwise have to go out and actually shop for upgrades - all in the name of "consistency in the program" :roll: (Reference: Starks' ridiculous contract)

I've already been saying that we need to focus on both lines and especially the OL for the past two drafts, and now it's beyond urgent. The DL is still tenuously holding its own, but I worry that it could give way at any moment. If we start focusing now on getting our OL back in shape, we won't see positive results until next decade, and by then Ben might be used up.

And that is beyond depressing. Had they not fucked this up, we'd be contending for a ring right NOW. Can you imagine if it gets WORSE? It could easily be bad until 2011.

...or in a wheelchair... :sucrutches:

Sorry, but you can't pin it on anybody but that ass hat Colbert..

It depends. There is evidence that Rooney is in the mix of decision at the draft. He is sitting there at the draft table in the war room with Colbert and Tomlin, after all.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:52 pm

lloydrules wrote:Sorry, but you can't pin it on anybody but that ass hat Colbert..

It depends. There is evidence that Rooney is in the mix of decision at the draft. He is sitting there at the draft table in the war room with Colbert and Tomlin, after all.

a> Rooney was sold on Tomlin from the beginning, and has been infatuated with him ever since. Just notice the dreamy way he looks at him...
b> It was in no uncertain terms during this past off-season that Tomlin stated and was emphatically clear that he wanted to, quote, "infuse both of these lines with some youth"
c> One OL taken in the draft - Tony Hills, taken in the fourth round - now warms our bench :roll:, and an average-at-best Center brought in to cover last year's embarrassment that was Gay-han. :roll: :roll:
d> Who could we pull up from the practice squad if we got really desperate? The Big Legursky?!?!?

NOTHING ELSE HAS BEEN DONE FOR OUR OL FOR YEARS

I stand by my premise that there is nobody to pin it on but that asshat Colbert.

If it takes years to build an OL, he's already had that and blew it. What the hell are we supposed to do now?

To quote an earlier poster,
"Something is wrong here"

...TERRIBLY wrong...
Last edited by Steeledge on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:56 pm

...friggin' double-posting knuckle heads...

Return to Stillers Talk