Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The illegal formation call...

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

The illegal formation call...

Postby zapunto » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Huge play as the game turned out. Wonder if this penalty was really supposed to be on Ward, or maybe it was supposed to be on someone else. I don't have the tape to verify this, but is it possible Nate or someone else was supposed to be on, and Ward off?

Stillers.com Team

Re: The illegal formation call...

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:32 pm

zapunto wrote:Huge play as the game turned out. Wonder if this penalty was really supposed to be on Ward, or maybe it was supposed to be on someone else. I don't have the tape to verify this, but is it possible Nate or someone else was supposed to be on, and Ward off?

I reviewed this play. Ward was clearly lined up OFF the LOS. As I recall, there was no other WR in the game, as it was a 3d & 1 and the Stillers used a power, multiple TE/H-back type formation.

This play actually wasn't huge, per se. On the next play, Ward made a good grab in traffic and got the 1st down. It was foolish, but not a backbreaker.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:35 pm

If you're going to get on Ward for anything, get on the fact that he played like he was 50 years old for much of the game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Didn't see anything from Hines in that game...no tds, no bone jarring blocks, no smiles...saw plenty of him on PTI quoting the rules to the Ravens though. Shut the fuck up and get ready for next weeks game.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:50 pm

McLovin wrote:Didn't see anything from Hines in that game...no tds, no bone jarring blocks, no smiles...saw plenty of him on PTI quoting the rules to the Ravens though. Shut the fuck up and get ready for next weeks game.

Bad things happen when players start yapping.

Stillers.com Team

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:26 pm

just to correct myself (because some springbutt piece of shit like Zorro will inevitably nitpick this) .....(oh wait, we haven't heard from Zorro since we outed him as actually being StillaYinzer...)

Sweed had the grab after Ward's illeg. formation penalty, which gave us a 1D. Ward atoned for his early false start by snaring a pass on the very next play.

Return to Stillers Talk