Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The Three Penalties and the Long Snapper.....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

The Three Penalties and the Long Snapper.....

Postby StillDodger » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:45 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the long snapper get hurt on the punt play immediately following the possession where the Steelers committed penalties on three consecutive plays?

I swear to God, I don't ever recall a Steeler team ever committing penalties on three straight plays.

And I don't ever recall a game where penalties seemed to turn the momentum during a critical part of the game.

We were almost in FG range when the first pen was committed. (And that was a STUPID foul. STUPID.) And after the 2nd penalty, which I think was on Hines for illegal formation, Ben throws the best pass of the day (in the entire NFL) for a long TD, which gets negated by a holding penalty. (I don't remember the lineman, but he got beat bad by the Giants rusher, and then pulled the rusher down. That guy should be cut immediately.) That TD would have put us up by two scores, and I don't think the Giants would have been able to recover from that, against our D.

This to me is what was so frustrating about this game. The morons who blame Ben for this loss just compound the frustration even more.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Return to Stillers Talk