Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Nobody should be surprised.......

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Greenhorned Rookie

Nobody should be surprised.......

Postby Steelers4Tim » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:03 pm

I mean, hell, just look at the bottom line. This was a game of the have's and the have-not's. They have a great coach, fully qualified to coach in the NFL. We have a secondary coach who chokes in every big game of his tenure, and who was only hired because of the color of his skin. They have a game manager QB who protected the football and treated every possession as critical as a baby, we have a game manager QB who tries to be some superstar, tries to stroke his ego, and then committs wreckless turnover after wreckless turnover. They have a competent, qualified offensive coordinator, we have a wide-receiver coach who was fired at Temple, fired in Cleveland, and was only promoted because our head coach is an idiot. They have a player GM who has spent their money and draft picks shrewdly and wisely, we have a player GM who spends premium draft picks on too many WR's, and forgets the importance of the running game.

So, we can sit around and make all the excuses we want, or we can just be honest.....this is another big game our head coach has choked away, and yet another game the front office will just pretend never happened. It's time for them to open up their fukking eyes and stop putting their head in the sand......and it's time to start fixing fukking problems.
Last edited by Nel on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Race (color of Tomlin's skin) is not a subject for discussion here, stop doing it.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Practice Squad

Re: Nobody should be surprised.......

Postby deathwind » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Yawn. :sleep:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Guess who crawled out from under his rock.

How 'bout those Wolverines?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:I mean, hell, just look at the bottom line. This was a game of the have's and the have-not's. They have a great coach, fully qualified to coach in the NFL. We have a secondary coach who chokes in every big game of his tenure, and who was only hired because of the color of his skin. They have a game manager QB who protected the football and treated every possession as critical as a baby, we have a game manager QB who tries to be some superstar, tries to stroke his ego, and then committs wreckless turnover after wreckless turnover. They have a competent, qualified offensive coordinator, we have a wide-receiver coach who was fired at Temple, fired in Cleveland, and was only promoted because our head coach is an idiot. They have a player GM who has spent their money and draft picks shrewdly and wisely, we have a player GM who spends premium draft picks on too many WR's, and forgets the importance of the running game.

So, we can sit around and make all the excuses we want, or we can just be honest.....this is another big game our head coach has choked away, and yet another game the front office will just pretend never happened. It's time for them to open up their fukking eyes and stop putting their head in the sand......and it's time to start fixing fukking problems.

yeah lets blame the coach and put race in the equation. Its funny how the WHOLE NFL was polled and Tomlin was voted the 5th most coach NFL players wanted to play for. How did he choke sir?
We lost this game because Ben cant handle pressure. PERIOD
Last edited by Scalaid6 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:I mean, hell, just look at the bottom line. This was a game of the have's and the have-not's. They have a great coach, fully qualified to coach in the NFL. We have a secondary coach who chokes in every big game of his tenure, and who was only hired because of the color of his skin. They have a game manager QB who protected the football and treated every possession as critical as a baby, we have a game manager QB who tries to be some superstar, tries to stroke his ego, and then committs wreckless turnover after wreckless turnover. They have a competent, qualified offensive coordinator, we have a wide-receiver coach who was fired at Temple, fired in Cleveland, and was only promoted because our head coach is an idiot. They have a player GM who has spent their money and draft picks shrewdly and wisely, we have a player GM who spends premium draft picks on too many WR's, and forgets the importance of the running game.

Tomlin got the job because our million dollar qb didnt want Whisenhunt to get it as he went to management and complained. Again, BENS FAULT
I guess Cowher got hired becuase he was qualified too huh? He was a YOUNG D-Coordinator with zero experience JUST LIKE TOMLIN. Please correct me if I'm wrong oh grand wizard

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 am

Yeah I think we should just get rid of Ben altogether and call the Bus out of retirement so he can take direct snaps from center. We should also get those useless guys Miller/Spaeth out of there and replace them with Mark Bruener just to make Timmay happy. Spells Superbowl baby :sudancin:

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:58 am

No l Gravity l wrote:Yeah I think we should just get rid of Ben altogether and call the Bus out of retirement so he can take direct snaps from center. We should also get those useless guys Miller/Spaeth out of there and replace them with Mark Bruener just to make Timmay happy. Spells Superbowl baby :sudancin:

First off, nobody wants to get rid of Ben, just want to put him back in his natural position of game manager....hand the ball off to some bruising running backs (which we don't have), let him throw 15-20 passes per game, and let him feast off play-action. Every time we play a solid team, he throws picks like a motherfukker.

Second, what "big" wins can we credit Tomlin for? What great teams has he beat during the last year and a half??? The 07 Seahawks....the 07 Shitstains??? Every "big" game Tomlin has coached, he has lost.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Timmay is back
Last edited by Nel on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no posts about racism on this board, this is your final warning.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelwest » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Guys:

No Parker. No Holmes. McFadden went down. Clark went down. Lost our long snapper. Highly suspect O-Line.

What did you expect?

Going into the game without Holmes and a healthy Parker, I expected the Giants to prevail. This is what happened. How would most teams look without the equivalent of those two agaist the Giants?

Other than the injuries we sustained, the only other issue that needs addressing is the pitiful protection. And do not give me the "Ben holds the ball too long" line. Time and again, guys go unblocked and he has zero time, except the time he makes for himself. Further, not having Holmes really hurt as we had no reliable deep threat (note the use of the word reliable), and no reliable run after the catch guys.

All that being said, if Farrior does not over run Boss on third and seven (awful play), and we had a long snapper, we may well have won the game. Not bad considering everything else.

As to coaching, our defense looks stellar and our special teams are so much better it is remarkable. We just need to solve the O-Line issue and stay healthy. Of course, neither may happen this year.

Practice Squad

Postby Nick79 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Some of you idiots act like they where blown out? When in fact if their long snapper and punter had not been injured, more than likely they would have beaten the world champs in a defensive battle with a battered O-line that was among the worst in the league whwn healthy.

Oh, yeah, how 'bout Michigan?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:

yeah lets blame the coach and put race in the equation. Its funny how the WHOLE NFL was polled and Tomlin was voted the 5th most coach NFL players wanted to play for. How did he choke sir?
We lost this game because Ben cant handle pressure. PERIOD

Gee others can bring up race but not me. Hypocrite much? The one guy claims coach was hired due to his race but I can't call it for what it was? This place is garbage. It will never attain the status it once had EVER EVER EVER again.

This place is crap
Last edited by Nel on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: you cannot call another poster a racist on this site, do it again and you will be banned. And, moderator decisions are not up for disucussion. Keep it up, and you will be banned.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Nick79 wrote:Some of you idiots act like they where blown out? When in fact if their long snapper and punter had not been injured, more than likely they would have beaten the world champs in a defensive battle with a battered O-line that was among the worst in the league whwn healthy.

Michigan has the exact same problem Pittsburgh has.....an idiot coach who doesn't belong. I think I've pissed off the gods or something......I used to have coaches named Noll, Cowher, Bo, Mo, and Lloyd. Now, I have been relegated to Dik Rodriquez and Mike fukking Tomlin.

Just goes to show how much football teams at every level take on the personality of their coach.
-Steelers folklore

Practice Squad

Postby Nick79 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Is that really Timmay? or did somebody just cut and paste some old posts from 2 years ago?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:
Nick79 wrote:Some of you idiots act like they where blown out? When in fact if their long snapper and punter had not been injured, more than likely they would have beaten the world champs in a defensive battle with a battered O-line that was among the worst in the league whwn healthy.

Michigan has the exact same problem Pittsburgh has.....an idiot coach who doesn't belong. I think I've pissed off the gods or something......I used to have coaches named Noll, Cowher, Bo, Mo, and Lloyd. Now, I have been relegated to Dik Rodriquez and Mike fukking Tomlin.

Just goes to show how much football teams at every level take on the personality of their coach.

You're going to be all over Rodriguez' jock when he has the talent to make that system work...in just a couple of years.

The most successful teams in the NCAA right now run the spread option or some version of it...including the team in Blue and White that rocked your team's world 46-17.

Funny- an 82-year-old coach can understand where the NCAA is headed but little Timmay can't understand that it's not 1974 anymore.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby McLovin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote: we have a wide-receiver coach who was fired at Temple, fired in Cleveland, and was only promoted because our head coach is an idiot.

During yesterdays telecast Aikman said that Tomlin promoted Arians to OC because he was impressed with the 3rd down conversion rate when he was the OC with Cleveland. Nice job going 1 for 10 on 3rd down yesterday.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Field General Ben » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Tim, do you ever post after a victory? The Steelers have had five of them this year.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Field General Ben » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:

News flash. Pittsburgh is 5-2. Michigan is 2-6. See the difference? Dumbass.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Jeemie wrote:
Steelers4Tim wrote:

You're going to be all over Rodriguez' jock when he has the talent to make that system work...in just a couple of years.

The most successful teams in the NCAA right now run the spread option or some version of it...including the team in Blue and White that rocked your team's world 46-17.

Funny- an 82-year-old coach can understand where the NCAA is headed but little Timmay can't understand that it's not 1974 anymore.

That's right, Jeemster, it's not 1974 anymore. I don't give a fukk if it's 1974, 1874, or 2074, two things will always remain constant about the game of football:

1) The Spread offense, the Run-n-Gun, the West Coast, the Fun-n-Gun, the Run-and-Shoot, the K-Gun, the Chuck-and-Duck, I don't give a fukk what kind of gimmicky shit you call it.....Nothing can replace sound blocking and tackling, particularly when a good coach spends the majority of his practices on the FUNDEMENTALS of the game.

2) The horizontal passing game cannot, will not, and will never be able to replace a powerful running back and an aggressive offensive line pounding away on a defense.....NEVER.

If I've said it once I've said it a million times.....when you teach your offensive lineman to be passive, nice guys in pass protection instead of lining them up over the ball, having them fire off the line, be aggressive, and move bodies around, then you are asking for a world of shit in crunch time, particularly when field conditions and weather conditions merit running the football.
-Steelers folklore

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Field General Ben wrote:

Tim, do you ever post after a victory? The Steelers have had five of them this year.

Yeh, five victories against JV teams. Again, who has Tomlin ever beat that's worth a fukk??? The 2007 SeaChickens??? The 2007 Shitstains??? What has been Tomlin's "signature" win, and who have have we actually beat that's worth a fukk??? At least Cowher gave us hope in the post-season, unlike Dyke Tomlin and his goofball offense.
-Steelers folklore

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:Yeh, five victories against JV teams. Again, who has Tomlin ever beat that's worth a fukk??? The 2007 SeaChickens??? The 2007 Shitstains??? What has been Tomlin's "signature" win, and who have have we actually beat that's worth a fukk??? At least Cowher gave us hope in the post-season, unlike Dyke Tomlin and his goofball offense.

Bill Cowher lost his first two post-season games.

He had a combined record of 20-12 his first two seasons- after 23 games, Tomlin has the identical 15-8 record Cowher had after the first 23 games.

Cowher got blown out 24-3 at home against a Bills team that had played only 6 days before in that Oilers game where they had to come back from down 35-3 and were banged up.

The next year, they lost in OT to the Chiefs, giving up the tying points after a blocked punt.

What hope of post-season achievement, exactly, had Cowher inspired by this point in his career?

Next

Return to Stillers Talk