Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Long-snapper

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Long-snapper

Postby indysteel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 pm

For crying out loud....of all the people to long snap and they pick, Harrison? Hartwig? Stapleton? Tomlin's response on this one should be interesting.

By no means did that safety cost us the game. The frickin Giants played almost the entire game on our side of the 50...EVENTUALLY that costs....and it did.

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Long-snapper

Postby UncleDick » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Someone on the caoching staff should use thier brain. It blows my mind that Hartwig couldnt do it. I totally expected Silverback to snap the ball out of Heinz Field.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Geez...let's see, using their logic, we may as well had...say....Hampton snap it, or maybe Reed.
Either of those would have made about as much sense.

Practice Squad

Postby fordfan485 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 pm

My guess they wanted someone that could help cover punts, a big center or other o-lineman is not going to be as fast as a linebacker running down the field. Plus even if they did try to use hartwig as the long snapper it would have probably been the same result because it seems like every time the steelers go to the shotgun he always snaps it a bit too high.

Practice Squad

Postby ktm5411 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:13 pm

the silverback debacle's over and done with, so who longsnaps next week?
Last edited by ktm5411 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:43 pm

What a stupid play. Do you think Silverback ever pratices the LS? Aikman said Stapleton is the backup, makes sense to me.
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:04 pm

derfsandmuskie wrote:What a stupid play. Do you think Silverback ever pratices the LS? Aikman said Stapleton is the backup, makes sense to me.

Just because Aikman has a microphone doesn't mean he knows.

Stapleton may be the backup center....which is listed on the depth chart that they give you in the press box. But that doesn't mean he's the backup long snapper.

I attended any number of games in the press box, and don't ever recall a depth chart listing a backup long snapper - or the backup punter - or the backup kicker.....(unless a team has two place-kickers...one for kickoffs and extra-long fieldgoals).

Return to Stillers Talk