Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Big Ben will have to step up even more

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Big Ben will have to step up even more

Postby BigE » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Here is what I know about Sunday. On offense FWP is out, Holmes is out, Marvel Smith is out (don't know if this is good or bad). On defense, McFadden is out (this really hurts), Aaron Smith? Personal issues and might not play for a few weeks, what's that all about? And the Stillers are being quite mum on the condition of Troy calling him a game time decision. Teams have to step up and play all season long with injuries and people out, but is all these players miss that will be a tough task for the Stillers. All of these players are top notch, key contributors they are not role players. Big Ben will definately earn his money this week, expect him to step up in a big way with a big game.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Big Ben will have to step up even more

Postby El Nino » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:28 am

ben should play with a chip on his shoulder after being compared to that fag eli manning

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:34 am

You guys SAY hes better than Brady. Well he'll have his chance to prove it with our schedule. Brady won three bowls with a no name OLine. Generic wrs and generic rbs (except one with dillon). It Tom can do it Ben can. Afterall, according to you guys Ben is better. Everyone SEEMS scared or worried? Pats fans sure arent like this. Those cocky bastards have supreme faith when Tom is playing. As I said, we will KICK THE GIANTS *SS. Stop worrying.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:50 am

Brady had illegal tapes of the teams we was playing.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:06 am

as long as he gets protection and nate holds onto the ball, he should have no problem putting points on the board..

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:56 am

Ready made excuses. "Protection" and Nate drops. How about quick reads and quick release. Beats the blitz everytime. Nate has really been dropping passes this season hasnt he?
EVERY NFL qb will have success if they have time. Let me say that again for emphasis. EVERY NFL QB WILL HAVE SUCCESS IF THEY HAVE TIME. The test is what the Qb does UNDER DURRESS. Thats the measuring stick.
Thats like an NBA player saying the visiting fans CANT yell and try to distract me when I'm no the line. Like a Baseball player saying you can only throw me changeups, not fastballs and sliders. Why do the circumstances have to be ideal?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:46 am

SCALY,who is calling the game this week bruce or ben since you said bruce calls all the plays, I would think it would be him calling for the three step drop quick passes.
nate caught 15 balls so far, Its a bit ealry to forget all the drops from the past several seasons!
whe you drop as many as he has dropped it takes a full season to gain trust , not 15 catches lol...

as usual "L"

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:39 pm

our passing game will be fine. we have to get miller more involved, and moore adds another dimension to the passing game that we haven't used in a long time.

if nate washington performs like how he has this year so far, i'm sure he'll be able to step up. Sweed will get a chance to prove himself, and I have a feeling he may have a decent game

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Uh Darth, dropped passes are not a official stat. If it is then show me the category on NFL.com. Did Nate have some drops? Yes, but hes improved year after year. He hasnt played SEVERAL years. Hes only played 2 years prior to this one. In 05 he played 1 game. Nate has upside and is a plus for our team, he has speed and compliments Hines and Holmes. He has shed the "butterfingers" label sir.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:58 pm

In regards to who calls the plays. I said Arians AND Ben call them. I said Arians gives Ben two plays and Ben callls the one he deems is best fit to defeat the defense he sees. This can be substantiatied by annalyst Rich Gannon in the Bengals game (Inside the 11 minute mark of the 2nd quarter) he learned this in his meetings with the Steelers during the week.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:14 pm

scaly stop making shit up as you go along, gannon said ben calls the plays in the no huddle , he did not say ben gets 2 plays from bruce.
hello anyone in there? we watched the game to scaly....

why do you feel the need to lie on a public message board?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:26 pm

darthsteel wrote:scaly stop making shit up as you go along, gannon said ben calls the plays in the no huddle , he did not say ben gets 2 plays from bruce.

That would be MIGHTY FOOLISH of me to do sir. Thats why I'm telling the truth. Are you sure thats what Gannon said sir? You seem uncertain. Do you think I would cite a game as well as the time in the game where he said it (so ANYONE could investigate) if I was lying? You are the one LYING on a pulic message board sir. Gannon said EXACTLY what I said he said and ANYONE can go to the bengals game in the 2nd quarter at the 10:40 mark and I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO PROVE ME WRONG. Does that sound like someone whos lying sir? Go watch the game and fast forward to that point sir. I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY IN ADVANCE SIR.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:44 pm

With Aaron Smith, the rumor is that his son has just been diagnosed with childhood leukemia.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/in ... pic=435136

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:14 am

Jeemie wrote:With Aaron Smith, the rumor is that his son has just been diagnosed with childhood leukemia.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/in ... pic=435136

ugh.. prayers out to him and his family.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:19 am

Scalaid6 wrote:
darthsteel wrote:scaly stop making shit up as you go along, gannon said ben calls the plays in the no huddle , he did not say ben gets 2 plays from bruce.

That would be MIGHTY FOOLISH of me to do sir. Thats why I'm telling the truth. Are you sure thats what Gannon said sir? You seem uncertain. Do you think I would cite a game as well as the time in the game where he said it (so ANYONE could investigate) if I was lying? You are the one LYING on a pulic message board sir. Gannon said EXACTLY what I said he said and ANYONE can go to the bengals game in the 2nd quarter at the 10:40 mark and I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO PROVE ME WRONG. Does that sound like someone whos lying sir? Go watch the game and fast forward to that point sir. I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY IN ADVANCE SIR.

I went back and checked the footage. Gannon says it at the 14:08 mark of the 2nd qtr. He says "What they do is call 2 plays whether in the huddle or at the line and Ben decides which one best fits the defense he sees. You will hear him say KILL IT KILL IT, that means he killing the 1st play" Please feel free to verify sir.

MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO A. SMITH AND HIS SON (DAMN). FOOTBALL IS A GAME, THIS IS REAL. This story has NOT been confirmed and this is one time I HOPE its a erroneous remport.

Return to Stillers Talk