Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » holmes, parker, willy, aaron smith,mcfadden, marvel out!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

holmes, parker, willy, aaron smith,mcfadden, marvel out!

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 pm

tomlin just held a presser.

nice week to have all these guys out :shock:
holmes was deactivated and arron has family issues, tomlin did not say he was out but ken lierd said the players he talked to said he's out for sure and maybe more then then just this week!

gotta hope the giants play a poor game, if thier on thier game we dont matchup at all now..hopefully eli keeps his downward trend over the last 2 weeks and it carrys into this game,but with no arron smith it mite become run left with jacobs over and over and over and over.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: holmes, parker, willy, aaron smith,mcfadden, marvel out!

Postby McLovin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

McLovin wants Steelers to beat the Giants but Steelers did right thing in sitting down Holmes. Chiefs in similar boat suspending LJ for being an embarrassment all over town. No Marvel again means Justin Tuck blowing by Essex/Starks for at least 3 sacks. Aaron Smith is a HUGE loss. Giants great rushing attack with Beast Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw. McLovin was initially pleased to see Keisel, Hampton, and Smith all there to help shut them down. Can Hoke play end? Steelers need his hustle on the field. McLovin guesses Hoke will be needed to replace Fat Casey when his fat ass has a stroke mid-way through the first quarter. Sarcasm aside what happened to Fragile Willie, thought he was good to go this week? Going to take monumental effort with that many key starters out to beat a solid Giants team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:05 pm

darthsteel wrote:holmes, parker, willy, aaron smith,mcfadden, marvel out!

...isn't "parker" and "willie" the same guy?

I think we've settled on the fact that Mewelde can step in and step up.

We've also had backups for the others that have done pretty well so far, except maybe Holmey, but his hasn't been a huge contribution either...

To that point, now maybe we'll finally get the chance to see what Limas gots.

this doom-and-gloom could be a case of Tomlin smoke-and-mirrors, which might just be good strategy...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:13 pm

limas took most of the reps in practice when they went 3 wide so maybe he has a breakout day and a new star is born. Willy's knee swelled up again..

This is a pisspoor week to lose holmes since the stillers go to the air alot more when parker isa out.The stillers will probably be hurting in the no huddle since that unit is based on cohesion and you counting on a rookie and your 3rd wr to pull it off.

I dont know what we will see,
maybe alot of miller/spaeth which mainly works off play action so thats doubtfull do to no parker.no huddle, doubtfull it will be effective do to poor cohesion without holmes.
they probably will try everything and jump around hoping one style of play works for them, but I see a big mish mosh mess that has alot of 3 and outs to be honest.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Steeledge wrote:
darthsteel wrote:holmes, parker, willy, aaron smith,mcfadden, marvel out!

...isn't "parker" and "willie" the same guy?

I think we've settled on the fact that Mewelde can step in and step up.

We've also had backups for the others that have done pretty well so far, except maybe Holmey, but his hasn't been a huge contribution either...

To that point, now maybe we'll finally get the chance to see what Limas gots.

this doom-and-gloom could be a case of Tomlin smoke-and-mirrors, which might just be good strategy...

I think you under rate how much defenses have to guard against holmes thus freeing up ward, now the giants can key on ward and force greasy hands nate to beat them.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:29 pm

darthsteel wrote:limas took most of the reps in practice when they went 3 wide so maybe he has a breakout day and a new star is born. Willy's knee swelled up again..

This is a pisspoor week to lose holmes since the stillers go to the air alot more when parker isa out.The stillers will probably be hurting in the no huddle since that unit is based on cohesion and you counting on a rookie and your 3rd wr to pull it off.

I dont know what we will see,
maybe alot of miller/spaeth which mainly works off play action so thats doubtfull do to no parker.no huddle, doubtfull it will be effective do to poor cohesion without holmes.

Don't forget about or underestimate Mewelde's value that he's already more than proven, especially in this sitch...

darthsteel wrote:I think you under rate how much defenses have to guard against holmes thus freeing up ward, now the giants can key on ward and force greasy hands nate to beat them.

If Nate's previous 2 outings presage anything we might look forward to, I'll certainly take it
...especially compared to Santonionionio...*smack*...got stuck there, sorry... ;)
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:30 pm

You guys seem worried. We got SUPER BEN remember? I have said he has a good supporting cast. Lets see what happens when we lean on our Million dollar qb. I am on record as saying we will blow the Giants out and I stand by that. However, if Ben plays bad, well you know I will have to get my told ya so's in. Sorry guys. If he plays good then LET ME HAVE IT. I would rather you be right than me. GO STEELERS

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:31 pm

We will be fine, this team is LOADED with depth. Aaron not playing WORRIES me though.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby stillDrink » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Not rooting for us to lose, but if we're in a deep hole, it will good to see how Limas performs if we're forced to throw a billion times.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelmoney » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 pm

i could not find confirmation any where that aaron smith is out - tomlin listed him as questionable because he's been MIA due to personal reasons.

also listed fwp as doubtful

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm

steelmoney wrote:i could not find confirmation any where that aaron smith is out - tomlin listed him as questionable because he's been MIA due to personal reasons.

also listed fwp as doubtful

no confirmation, but stillers beat reporter ken lierd said all the players in the locker romm said hes out and possibly more then just this week. sounded like a serious personla problem at home.

I would doubt tomlin would say aaron is out since he can use the gamesmanship card till gametime(let the giants wonder).

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:42 pm

Giants will be missing some guys also. Burress hasn't practiced. Doubt he'll play

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:57 am

This is the chance to see where the pick of Limas was a Lemon-as. Sweed is gonna have to really step up.

God, how I love baby names these days! And it ain't just a racial thing, either. The Wylie Avenue Book of Baby Names is always a hoot, but the Sarah Palin Baby Name Generator is every bit as hilarious.

She said Thursday she wanted to name one Zamboni, and nobody's sure if she was joking or not!

Return to Stillers Talk