Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Holmes Caught with Pot

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Re: Holmes Caught with Pot

Postby thesteelhammer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Make all the excuses you want. Holmes was breaking the law.

He probaby just punched his ticket out of Pittsburgh when his contract expires.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 am

I don't think you should smoke. Aside from any moral right and wrong questions, for cryin out loud JR Rider, don't friggin drive down the street smoking. At least it wasn't a Coke can. :oops:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:58 am

thesteelhammer wrote:Make all the excuses you want. Holmes was breaking the law.

You have NEVER broke the law sir??

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:18 am

Marijuana is a "performance reducing" drug..... :oops: Could explain why his numbers are down from last year.......

In any big city, there are two kinds of drivers, those pulled over by the police and those who will be. Since the drug inhibits brain activity, the stupidity is compounded.

The only other thing I can say is good riddance....... :sushootem:
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:37 am

What if Ben was getting high with him? Would you guys be so unforgiving? Lastly, holmes cant throw the ball to himself.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:21 am

Trade Holmes and 3 blunts to the Bengals for Chris Henry and a .45 caliber.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby logjammin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:26 am

I wasn't smoking marijuana in the vehicle today, but I did yesterday? The car won't still smell like smoke the day after you toke up. Maybe to somebody with a very sensitive sense of smell, like a dog perhaps, but if the car smelled strongly of pot smoke that means there was pot smoked in there recently.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:31 am

Holmes has been smoking Maryjane since Cowher drafted him. It is my understanding the pot smokers dont toke alone.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:13 am

A lot of guys do a lot of things...especially on Mondays...to dull the pain and sharp blade of reality.

Don't any of you remember what it felt like getting up the morning after a really tough game? Well, imagine what it must feel like after playing wargames with a bunch of NFL types.

So if 'tonio wants to light up in Chez 'tonio, that's fine with me.

But the Jackass was rollin' through the Hill District with a party pack of Blunts in his ride. How fucking stupid is that?

He acts like a thug, drives around Thugville in a Thugmobile, and acts surprised when our Politically Incorrect Pittsburgh Police stop him and detect the sweet aroma of weed therein? Imagine that!!!!

I would send his stupid ass to Commissioner McLovin for summary discipline.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:05 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:
thesteelhammer wrote:Make all the excuses you want. Holmes was breaking the law.

Now we know you aren't a lawyer - cause no self respecting lawyer would ask another person to incrimate themself. You might want to read the constitution.

The answer, however, is OF COURSE - BUT I WAS A MAN ABOUT IT, ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY AND PAID THE PRICE.

Bottom line for this team is that the Rooney's don't keep guys that get in trouble around. If they aren't cut, Once their contract expires they are allowed to leave without much attempt to retain them.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Your right NO lawyer would ask anyone to incriminate themself WHEN CHARGED. But whats the harm when you have no charges pending? NONE! I keep hearing these statements of "THUGS". This statement is way overused these days. Please go look up the defintion of thug and then tell me does Holmes fit the description. Just because its in vogue to say doesnt mean it applies. He made a mistake, you guys act like you dont make any. The level of Hypocrisy is super high. We will be fine without Holmes, we have DEPTH. But long term he will be with us. If the Rooneys got rid of every law breaker we wouldnt have a team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:13 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:

Now we know you aren't a lawyer - cause no self respecting lawyer would ask another person to incrimate themself. You might want to read the constitution.

The answer, however, is OF COURSE - BUT I WAS A MAN ABOUT IT, ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY AND PAID THE PRICE.

Bottom line for this team is that the Rooney's don't keep guys that get in trouble around. If they aren't cut, Once their contract expires they are allowed to leave without much attempt to retain them.

You watch too much TV sir

I DO remember how sore I was after a college game (nothing like pro). I was sore until Tuesday.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Your right NO lawyer would ask anyone to incriminate themself WHEN CHARGED. But whats the harm when you have no charges pending? NONE!

THE HARM IS CHARGES COULD BE BROUGHT. It's called a confession. Confessions are more than enough probable cause for an indictment - they are even enough for a conviction.

You are no lawyer, or you are the worst lawyer ever. :dunce:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby LambertoCincoOcho » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:49 am

a half smoked joint or blunt has a VERY STRONG ODOR if left in the car even from the previous day. Especially if the windows are left tightly closed. It has a much stronger odor than unburnt herb. What a idiot this f'n guy is. There will be plenty of time to smoke when you retire doo be a team player.

Previous

Return to Stillers Talk