Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » T. SUGGS/RAVENS HAVE A BOUNTY OUT ON HINES

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

T. SUGGS/RAVENS HAVE A BOUNTY OUT ON HINES

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:41 pm

You knew it was coming. This is nothing new in the NFL. Its an old practice. The bounty was on for the 1st game as well but Hines ended up doing the hitting once again. Hines knows the drill, his head is always on a swivel. When have you seen Hines stretched out from a devastating block?

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/21/rave ... ines-ward/

Seasoned Veteran

Re: T. SUGGS/RAVENS HAVE A BOUNTY OUT ON HINES

Postby GodfatherofSoul » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Total BS. They claim they had a bounty on Mendenhall which is pretty convenient to announce AFTER the game and AFTER he was knocked out for season.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:27 pm

This is the kind of thing the NFL should be handing out fines and suspensions for.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:43 pm

GodfatherofSoul wrote:Total BS. They claim they had a bounty on Mendenhall which is pretty convenient to announce AFTER the game and AFTER he was knocked out for season.

I believe this. I recall in Ray Lewis' pre-game talk to his defense, he was saying "everytime the rookie gets the ball draw blood or knock em out" etc. If you recall, Mendenhall started that game. I believe this assertion.
Last edited by Scalaid6 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Yes sir, one subject at which RayRay is expert is that of drawing blood, isn't it? He's worshipped on a Jack Lambert level in the misguided, once-scorned town of Baltimore, despite his past lawless existence. Hell, they could watch Ray on fucking video, shooting retarded schoolgirls from the window of his Escalade, and they'd be willing to give him the benefit of the slim doubt, if it meant another run at the playoffs. He still gets credit for about a dozen solo tackles each week, albeit half of them are collected seven yards downfield, and a few others result when he falls backward onto a pile. Let them put bounties on everyone, whatever, it's silly immature bullshit. Like street punks calling one another out, issuing their oh-so-scary threats, it's tired and has no part in the game. "We're gonna get you, sucka!" Whatever.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:07 pm

"Blah, blah, blah," mid-school banter that means nothing. Talk is cheap. As if they don't try to hit as hard as possible each play without any so called bounty. Nonsense. What rubbish. Worthless.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:11 pm

TheOldRanger wrote:Yes sir, one subject at which RayRay is expert is that of drawing blood, isn't it? He's worshipped on a Jack Lambert level in the misguided, once-scorned town of Baltimore, despite his past lawless existence. Hell, they could watch Ray on fucking video, shooting retarded schoolgirls from the window of his Escalade, and they'd be willing to give him the benefit of the slim doubt, if it meant another run at the playoffs. He still gets credit for about a dozen solo tackles each week, albeit half of them are collected seven yards downfield, and a few others result when he falls backward onto a pile. Let them put bounties on everyone, whatever, it's silly immature bullshit. Like street punks calling one another out, issuing their oh-so-scary threats, it's tired and has no part in the game. "We're gonna get you, sucka!" Whatever.

Is this post saying Ray Lewis is a bum? Say what you will hes the best MLB in the HISTORY of the game. HANDS DOWN. I think I'm the only unbiased Steeler fan on this site. WOW

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:
Is this post saying Ray Lewis is a bum? Say what you will hes the best MLB in the HISTORY of the game. HANDS DOWN. I think I'm the only unbiased Steeler fan on this site. WOW

Here's the 17 LINEBACKERS (some OLB's & Some MLB's)-
Let's hear your case for Ray, Ray compared to these guys.

Bobby Bell (also DE) 1963-1974
Nick Buoniconti 1962-1974, 1976
Dick Butkus 1965-1973
Harry Carson 1976-1988
George Connor (also DT, OT) 1948-1955
Bill George 1952-1966
Jack Ham 1971-1982
Ted Hendricks 1969-1983
Sam Huff 1956-1967, 1969
Jack Lambert 1974-1984
Willie Lanier 1967-1977
Ray Nitschke 1958-1972
Joe Schmidt 1953-1965
Mike Singletary 1981-1992
Lawrence Taylor 1981-1993
Andre Tippett 1982-1993
Dave Wilcox 1964-1974

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Ray Lewis is the best ever? What? Who are you, really? I thought at one time that you were Matthew the Bible-Thumping Ambulance Chaser, but now I think you're either Brian or his retarded half-brother Jeffrav1. Sure, he's a great LB, but, the Best Ever? I must heartily disagree. He's not in the same league with Dick Butkus, my friend. He's going to have to hustle to make up the 400 or so solo tackles and the 260+ assists to even come close. And, don't talk about how Stabby Ray can turn a game by himself. Butkus was universally feared and made tackles from sideline to sideline, and could run with tight ends as well. Ray is certainly louder and dances more, but Butkus was far better.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Butkus was slow had bad knees. Ray had 4.5 speed coming out of the "U", NO expert says butkus is better. Ray has more sacks, more interceptions, a ring, more range and a better hitter. Butkus was not really a hard hitter he was ROUGH and rugged. Ray Lewis is a hitter. For the record the best hitter of all time is Jack Tatum.
Lastly, Brian Urlacher and Singletary were better than SLOW Butkus. Ray is hands down the best MLB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Butkus was an animal BACK THEN. He couldnt play now. TOO SLOW. He didnt play in the SPEED era. When you think of the bears you think of the 85 Bears, Sweetness, Ditka,Singletary, THEN BUTKUS.
When you think of the Ravens you think of SUGAR RAY. PERIOD
Who played against the superior competition? RAY RAY.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby TheOldRanger » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 am

No "speed" in that era? No guys named Gale Sayers, Bob Hayes, Jim Brown? Butkus played with and against some of the NFL's alltime BEST, youngstah. STabby RAy isn't even in his Zip code. If Butkus had had the same kind of behemoth D-line in front of him that Lewis had, he'd have won a Super Bowl alone. He's OVERRATED. As is your analysis of football. "Lawyer."

Return to Stillers Talk