Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » This time next week....

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

This time next week....

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:30 pm

....we will be lamenting over how badly the Giants roughed up Ben. NY has a stud DL and it could look like Philly all over again.

Hope not.

But, this will be a real test, unlike the Bungholes.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: This time next week....

Postby Steeledge » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 pm

lloydrules wrote:....we will be lamenting over how badly the Giants roughed up Ben. NY has a stud DL and it could look like Philly all over again.

Ole' Chicken Little 'drules is back... :roll:

if your negativism were to actually come true, we'd be no better than the bung-holes. Let's be thankful it's never rubbed of on the team or the real fans that post here...

I for one am hopeful that we'll win this one - no, that's not HIV's blind homer fanaticism, but true optimism.

I won't sit around scourging myself in the pit of despair assuming we'll lose beforehand, nor will I rant up and down this message board saying "I told you so" afterward if we do.

Of course I'll be upset if we lose, but I'll get over it and move on, looking forward to us learning from it and getting better.

You should try a little optimism too, before somebody puts you on suicide watch...
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:49 pm

On the other hand, he has a point. The Giants are not the Bengals and THIS WILL be a test to see if the OL has improved or not.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:56 pm

indysteel wrote:On the other hand, he has a point. The Giants are not the Bengals and THIS WILL be a test to see if the OL has improved or not.

The Giants also already had their "surprise" loss in CLE. They won't be coming into Pgh thinking all they have to do is show up to win. This is it. This is the real test to see where Pgh stands. Even if they lose, but stay right with the Gints and battle them in a close game (much like NYG did with the season-ender with Pats last year) it is an indication that Pgh is among the best teams in the league. If the Gints batter and abuse our offense, like Philly did, then we know were are not among the true contenders.

I am hoping that the quality play of Kemo, improvement of Hartwig, the upgrade of Stapleton over Sim-SHIT, that this team's OL has gotten more solid. We will certainly find out, because NY can bring it. That is a talented team and D, even missing Osi.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 am

I think this is a real test for both the Steelers offense and ELI M. I'm not a believer in him yet! He has beat Cleveland, Seatle, San Fran, St. Louis and Cincinnati. Not a great reseme. And we havn't beat anybody yet either! I know Ben can beat a good D, not sure Eli can? This game will tell us a lot. Better get your popcorn ready! :surockin:
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hi5Steeler » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:34 am

any team that lost to the browns this year aint worth a shit.

the giants had a CREAMPUFF schedule this year so far same as us mr chicken little sky is falling steelers gonna suck .........you need help.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Steel_Buckeye wrote:I think this is a real test for both the Steelers offense and ELI M. I'm not a believer in him yet! He has beat Cleveland, Seatle, San Fran, St. Louis and Cincinnati. Not a great reseme. And we havn't beat anybody yet either! I know Ben can beat a good D, not sure Eli can? This game will tell us a lot. Better get your popcorn ready! :surockin:

He never beat a good defense? NE in the Super Bowl year? A defense on an undefeated team wasn't a good D? I think Eli has beaten a good D. Come on.

NYG are the reigning world champs. That means they are probably a good team.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:19 pm

I think we beat the Giants by 21 or more. They just got hot at the right time last season (like when we won). They are an average team, our team is special. Tomlin gets no credit but he has this Steeler team clicking and we will be a force to be reckoned with this year. The line is fine.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby lloydrules » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi5Steeler wrote:you need help.

Says the Aids sore who thinks Pgh is going to win every game, every week, every year, forever. You are a retard. You are wrong endlessly and you just keep staying stuck on stupid.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:02 pm

THATS RIGHT DUMDUM. STEELERS WILL WIN EVERY GAME. DUMDUM

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:45 pm

lloydrules wrote:
Steel_Buckeye wrote:I think this is a real test for both the Steelers offense and ELI M. I'm not a believer in him yet! He has beat Cleveland, Seatle, San Fran, St. Louis and Cincinnati. Not a great reseme. And we havn't beat anybody yet either! I know Ben can beat a good D, not sure Eli can? This game will tell us a lot. Better get your popcorn ready! :surockin:

He never beat a good defense? NE in the Super Bowl year? A defense on an undefeated team wasn't a good D? I think Eli has beaten a good D. Come on.

I didn't say he NEVER has beaten a good D, I'm refering to his body of work for this year! Last year is last year, this is this year. DUUUH!
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steel_Buckeye » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:49 pm

lloydrules wrote:

Also, it's MHO, that NE wasn't a great D last year, they were the same D as this year, average. You give an average D 3 TD leads, given to them by the offense, and you get what looks like a awesome D. No big leads this year..... may the real Patriots D please step forward!
I_STEEL_BELIEVE

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:53 am

lloydrules wrote:[ELI M] never beat a good defense? NE in the Super Bowl year? A defense on an undefeated team wasn't a good D? I think Eli has beaten a good D. Come on.

NE went to the SB undefeated because of their O. Their D struggled, especially toward the end of the season, and the difference maker in the SB was that the NYG D made their O struggle.

Eli "managed" well in the SB, and aside from one Houdini escape job and the receiver's miracle catch on the third and ten, he was about average.

Get yourself some Cymbalta and stop trying to pull your negative shit, drools...

I rarely do so and hate to admit when I do, but for once I agree with something Scalaid6 said in another thread...

Scalaid6 wrote:Screw the Giants we will KICK THEIR ASS!

:surockin: :subngtowl:
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Return to Stillers Talk