Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Tomlin expects Troy to play Sunday

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Grizzled Veteran

Tomlin expects Troy to play Sunday

Postby McLovin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Ed B. reported in Post Gazette this afternoon Troy to play. McLovin sorry to hear Troy suffered like his 7th concussion dating back to high school. Selfishly, McLovin knows that Steelers need Troy's head clear of the cobwebs to help stop Beast Jacobs and lay a few hits on our buddy Plax. Fragile Willie will resume his role as Fast Willie as he practiced today. Fast Willie and the OLine hold the key to victory. Run the ball, get an early lead, keep Ben from having to pass. Oh and did McLovin mention Brandon Jacobs is a beast? Fat Casey supposed to play as well not that Hoke did a bad job replacing him.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Tomlin expects Troy to play Sunday

Postby steelerette » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Great to hear that Troy is okay, and that FWP will be back in action this Sunday, as well. I really didn't miss Snack all that much. :lol:

Here's to our 'D' putting the pressure on Plax big time. Enough to get him all pissed off and rattled so he makes a fool of himself ~ again. :subngtowl:

Thanks for the update, McLovin.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Tackling is not Troys strength anyways. His strength is reaking havoc around the ball, hes an average tackler. Hes best at jumping pass routes and being EVERYWHERE. That Benson hit was violent. I have to admit he is hitting with more violence this season. Also, I dont think jacobs will be a problem, we will keep him under raps. The ones that worries me is Ward and Bradshaw (have to watch them). Casey back? BOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hoke is better at this point in Caseys FAT career. I think Wille being back will be a plus. He will be hungrier after sitting out and watching Mewelde work. Kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend and then seeing her with another guy, makes you hungry for her again. Theres nothing like good ole competition.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Tackling is not Troys strength anyways. His strength is reaking havoc around the ball, hes an average tackler. Hes best at jumping pass routes and being EVERYWHERE. That Benson hit was violent. I have to admit he is hitting with more violence this season. Also, I dont think jacobs will be a problem, we will keep him under raps. The ones that worries me is Ward and Bradshaw (have to watch them). Casey back? BOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hoke is better at this point in Caseys FAT career. I think Wille being back will be a plus. He will be hungrier after sitting out and watching Mewelde work. Kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend and then seeing her with another guy, makes you hungry for her again. Theres nothing like good ole competition.

Casey is better than Hoke at pushing the line back...and the best way to stop jacobs is to get him stopped in the backfield before he gets a head of steam.

But you're right that we need to watch out for Ward and Bradshaw.

Practice Squad

Postby SteelTreal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:Tackling is not Troys strength anyways. His strength is reaking havoc around the ball, hes an average tackler. Hes best at jumping pass routes and being EVERYWHERE. .

everywhere except the back of the end zone, bengals never should have score same in week one when he but on a run and leaves open wide receivers in the back of the end zone

Return to Stillers Talk