Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Will we ever see Simmons again?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Will we ever see Simmons again?

Postby bigjoespompano » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Something is happening here. Some one called it addition by subtraction. The O-Line is starting to play as a UNIT. My worry is will Stapleton be allowed to keep his new found job or will that POS Simmons be handed it back next year? But is it just the loss of Simmons? The Cry-Guy is gone and fans are beginning to forget him. Is Kemo that good? Is he finally starting to live up to his training-camp/draft hype? Hartwig looks pretty fair. Will he be long-term like those who came before him? What the hell is going on? A few weeks ago this line looked like Raider-rejects. Now they are starting to look like Steelers. What can we expect out of them in the future and how will this affect next years draft decisions considering how everyone was screaming for O-Line help this past draft? If they remain 'tight' will our draft attention shift to other areas? What say you?

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Will we ever see Simmons again?

Postby 4nic8 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 pm

I doubt Simmons ever plays again with the diabetes and all, and Stapleton had a great game along with Max Starks.

But it was the Bengals....

I am reserving judgment until next week.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelmoney » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:19 pm

stapleton is the long-term answer at center

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:21 pm

The line has always been fine. The difference is Ben is getting it out quicker, thats the difference. A bad line does NOT produce 1400 and 1300 yard rushers. The 111 sacks are a result of indecision (not all but most)

Return to Stillers Talk