Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Anyone else notice this?

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Anyone else notice this?

Postby dave8105 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm

The first touchdown of the game. I came out of my seat with shock. "A play action pass!!!! Where did this never before seen Steeler play come from??" I was in shock and loved it. It was unexpected. Used at just the right time.

But then, after the, we'll call it a punt, for 15 yards. They got to the goal line and, in the most retarded fashion, went PAP three downs in a row!! Come on Bruce. Please, the play action should be used in a reserved manner. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. On third down, I was screaming, PLEASE!!!, not another play action!! But alas, they could not hear me.

Love the win, but the playcalling was still at times questionable, be it Ben or Bruce.

My 2 cents

Practice Squad

Re: Anyone else notice this?

Postby d_iris » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:37 pm

same thing with the td to nate. play action all the way! a qb bootleg would've been better than 3 consecutive passes on first and goal. :?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Jeemie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:54 pm

dave8105 wrote:The first touchdown of the game. I came out of my seat with shock. "A play action pass!!!! Where did this never before seen Steeler play come from??" I was in shock and loved it. It was unexpected. Used at just the right time.

But then, after the, we'll call it a punt, for 15 yards. They got to the goal line and, in the most retarded fashion, went PAP three downs in a row!! Come on Bruce. Please, the play action should be used in a reserved manner. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. On third down, I was screaming, PLEASE!!!, not another play action!! But alas, they could not hear me.

Love the win, but the playcalling was still at times questionable, be it Ben or Bruce.

My 2 cents

Ben took responsibility for the goal-line playcalling there- even audibled out of a run play Arians had called.

Practice Squad

Postby dave8105 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Say it aint so Jeems. Say it aint so. Ugh. I guess i could have more horrific things to complain about, but good lord, that really stuck out to me.

Practice Squad

Postby SNW » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Jeemie wrote:
dave8105 wrote:The first touchdown of the game. I came out of my seat with shock. "A play action pass!!!! Where did this never before seen Steeler play come from??" I was in shock and loved it. It was unexpected. Used at just the right time.

My 2 cents

Ben took responsibility for the goal-line playcalling there- even audibled out of a run play Arians had called.

Came back later and audibled out of a bad play for a TD later, so Ben's 50-50 on calls and Arians is about, well I don't know the stats but there real bad.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 pm

You guys will learn that BEN MAKES NO MISTAKES and Arians/Tomlin make them all. Good plays are the result of Bens playcalling prowess and bad playcalling is a result of Arians/Tomlins ignorance. The sooner you learn this the better off you'll be. :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Lake37 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:You guys will learn that BEN MAKES NO MISTAKES and Arians/Tomlin make them all. Good plays are the result of Bens playcalling prowess and bad playcalling is a result of Arians/Tomlins ignorance. The sooner you learn this the better off you'll be. :celebrate:

In fact, I think that Bruce Arians was in some way responsible for Ben's motorcycle accident

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:You guys will learn that BEN MAKES NO MISTAKES and Arians/Tomlin make them all.

Now you're learnin'. :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Lake37 wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:You guys will learn that BEN MAKES NO MISTAKES and Arians/Tomlin make them all. Good plays are the result of Bens playcalling prowess and bad playcalling is a result of Arians/Tomlins ignorance. The sooner you learn this the better off you'll be. :celebrate:

In fact, I think that Bruce Arians was in some way responsible for Ben's motorcycle accident

EXACTLY! Arians ORDERED Ben NOT to wear the helmet or face a fine! NOW WERE ON THE SAME PAGE! :celebrate:

Return to Stillers Talk