Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Don't post, that's my stance

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Practice Squad

Don't post, that's my stance

Postby CKSteeler » Mon May 19, 2008 6:21 pm

1. I have been talking with Mill this entire time. We agreed on re-merging the sites WEEKS ago, but were stuck in the same position we've been in for months. No Trenches, so nothing gets done.

2. The agreement would have been the same as the old site. Their front page link to this forum. They would have had full access to these forums, however. Complete control.

3. In turn, I would have had the ability to add content to the front page. So, I get to take on a larger responsibility with a site I planned on leaving by this fall after getting to spend $500 on this set-up.

4. Trenches returned, and none of this was ever discussed with him before he went about "fixing" things.

This all happened last year, as well, only I didn't start up an alternative site as an official off-shoot. I was cut out of the loop entirely when Trenches returned, and that's how, despite my objections, we ended up with those cheap fucking forums.

Now, as I told people, Trenches claimed Go-Daddy wouldn't support PHPBB forums or VBulletin. That clearly wasn't the case.

The only thing I want at this point is to see that none of this goes to waste. My forums are still superior to what Trenches has built. As far as I'm concerned, a merger is still on the table. I have very little interest in having "power" on this site or any other. Never have, though that may shock some people.

Having three off-shoots of Stillers.com is ridiculous. I thought it was stupid when Fury did it, and I would prefer not to end up in that same situation. A merger makes the most sense for both parties, frankly. I don't even have any demands right now. I just want to get the old site back using the forums I built, which are undeniably superior.

I would prefer it if everyone stayed loyal to my site for the time being. May sound stupid to some of you, but by going back there, you are going to encourage the same old arrangement at Stillers.com, and there's no real purpose. We can end this cycle now, and fix all the old problems.

I can't stop anyone from signing up on this ugly new site, but it is in all of our best interests for people to stay here for the time being.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Don't post, that's my stance

Postby trenches » Mon May 19, 2008 10:55 pm

CK,

Shut the fuck up with your martyrdom bullshit. You don't know my situation so don't pretend to know it. The previous host DOES NOT support PHP. This is running on a new host. Since you know so much, you should have known that since that is easy to check.

If anyone can bitch it's Mill... and he has. I put up these boards to help remedy the situation going forward. Will it help? Time will tell. In the mean time, feel free to quit acting like the government has let you down. This is a fan site... lighten up. You have no demands except that you take control... that is undeniably a demand. If you want control of boards... feel free to spin off. There is no sense in stressin' over this. If not, we can work to alleviate your frustrations. It's your move, but the boards stay with the founders.

Trenches

Practice Squad

Postby CKSteeler » Mon May 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Trenches, I'm not going to take issue with how much time you put into the site. That's your business and I'm not about to condemn anyone for something like that. My issue is that you have never been willing to let anyone else help out. It's really that simple.

I also don't take kindly to being completely cut out of the loop when it comes time to give input on how the site should go forward. That's happened multiple times now. Who told you LAST YEAR not to use that forum set-up you picked? It's not about having power or my own way. It's about you listening to other people who are trying to help and being reasonable.

I've spent time and money on the site at this point, so I certainly feel like I have a right to complain.

I offered the "keys" to my forums to Mill and you. I've taken more risks than either of you have. My forums are superior to these STILL (I really hope you won't argue otherwise on this).

I don't know. I think I'm being pretty reasonable here all things considered. Alls I want is the site to go back to normal, and I'm willing to make concessions to do that. I think it's what the vast majority of posters want. Mill was fine with it.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon May 19, 2008 11:22 pm

1. I have never been willing to let anyone help out? That's false. I welcome help.

2. Cut out of the loop? False. You had an OPINION about the boards. Your response to the boards was based on wanting to OWN the boards. You don't even understand the technology or how to integrate it with the site which is why the other boards were picked. Anyway, I understand you desire and will to help too. It is appreciated. The funny about the other, shite boards is that I have run them on other sites and I never had a problem. I accept responsibility for that choice and for my absence. I also apologize for your frustration.

3. You are right... you can complain. And, you should complain, although Mill has the major-stakeholder complaint vote.

4. As for the forums, phpBB has a good rep. vBulletin is more robust... no denying that fact. One small problem, though, it only supports MySQL while the site runs on MSSQL. Are there any ports/configs that run on MSSQL?

Stillers.com Team

Re: Don't post, that's CK stance

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:25 pm

again, Why does all this need to be aired on the forums?

That is what PM's and e-mail is for.

enough soap opera.

Let's get back to talking FOOTBALL.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 pm

Point taken, Hammer.

You are correct.

Practice Squad

Postby Switzer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:33 pm

Really guys can't we all get along?

switz

:lol:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:37 pm

Switzer wrote:Really guys can't we all get along?

switz

Now it feels like old times.
How you doing Switz?
What did you think of your teams draft, and more importantly How will the cowdolls choke this year?

Practice Squad

Postby Switzer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:41 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:
Switzer wrote:Really guys can't we all get along?

switz

Now it feels like old times.
How you doing Switz?
What did you think of your teams draft, and more importantly How will the cowdolls choke this year?

I am well Hammer thanks for asking

well over all I liked the draft.... except for not getting any WR.. I would give it a over all B.

haha to choking

Dec 7th... I am looking forward to it and extending our win streak to 3 in a row in Pittsburgh.. and making my first trip to Pro football game in Pittsburgh since 97(37-7 Dallas win I might add)

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Mon May 19, 2008 11:43 pm

BTW, for those of you that don't know, Hammer is THE ONE and THE ONLY Zen Master at Stillers.com. He doesn't like to brag... of course... since he is a true master.

Practice Squad

Postby Switzer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:44 pm

and 5 4 3 2 1

switz is baned

Practice Squad

Postby 8697 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:49 am

CK is a joke. I was banned from Stillers(this site) because I dared to question CK's ability to write articles. I didnt troll. I didnt attack posters. I joined Stillers.Com in 2001!!! And I was fucking banned by that hack?

Hopefully you learned from your mistakes. I will never post here again. I post across the street with a Fury. You fuckers should consider merging

Practice Squad

Postby Rocket Rashard » Tue May 20, 2008 6:08 am

THIS is the real stillers.com, not that Land for Misfit Toys that CK created on a power trip. That's why I never signed up for Herr CK's site.

I say to hell with him and any of his demands. People will come back to this site and he knows it.

For Trenches:

I tried uploading an avatar and it wouldn't let me. It was 90x90 and only like 11 KB so I don't know why it wouldn't let me.

Good to have Stillers back (and I mean the REAL Stillers.com). :D

PS-we need new smilies too cause these aren't too great.

Practice Squad

Postby Steelcody36 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:27 am

I for one am done with this site unless there is a merger with CK's board. The ideal situation would be to have CK's forum, Steelerfury, and this site all become one like it used to be. We are all steeler fans and the boards were awesome when we had everybody posting together. I for one am sick of all the breakdowns with this site and lack of response from Trenches. Mill responded to a PM at least so I knew what happened. If Trenches is too busy to post much or check in that's understandable, but somebody should've been appointed to help running the board a long time ago. Until a merger of some sort, I won't be posting here and there are others who are the same way. Lets hope that we can get stillers.com back to where it used to be before the season.

Practice Squad

Postby Nick79 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:11 am

I don't care how it's done, I'd just like the old gang back together pissing on and degraded each other just like the good 'ole days.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Tue May 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Nick79 wrote:I don't care how it's done, I'd just like the old gang back together pissing on and degraded each other just like the good 'ole days.

STFU, you crackwhore piece of shit.
"If you lead a good life, say your prayers and go to church, when you die you might go to Pittsburgh".
-Steelers folklore

Practice Squad

Postby Nick79 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Steelers4Tim wrote:
Nick79 wrote:I don't care how it's done, I'd just like the old gang back together pissing on and degraded each other just like the good 'ole days.

That's the spirit! That's the Stillers.com I used to know and love!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby sarka196 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Nick79 wrote:
Steelers4Tim wrote:

That's the spirit! That's the Stillers.com I used to know and love!

LOL! Now that's the Stillers.com I know and love. :D
Marines should come with warning labels.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Tue May 20, 2008 4:44 pm

for swisher....it's BANNED not baned...idjit!
nun a yinz cowedbuoys kan spel

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby catesinator » Wed May 21, 2008 1:05 pm

The offseason sucks on this board every year. Last year was the bullshit racism, the year before it was the elimination of all cussing.

Once football season actually begins I expect everything to be back to normal on this site like it always is. With nothing to talk about right now, you get this stupid, melodramatic bullshit.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk