Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » The Replacements

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Hall of Famer

The Replacements

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 am

I am going to go counter flow on this one. I dare any MoFo on planet earth to honestly answer this question. Were you enraged at the NFL officiating "LAST YEAR" The answer would be a resounding YES! Its a hard job no matter who is doing it. I have been keenky listening for who is firing up the war chants and not surprisingly, I am finding that he media hacks for all the liberal outlets are leading the charge. This potato head ABC (espn) troll Mike Turica has been calling for tar and feathers since the year began. I despise that melon headed idiot. Not surprisingly, the havks over at NBC are the same

That call last night was not the mother of all bad calls as many claim. The missed call was the push off, not the simultaneous catch. And we have seen push offs go both ways for years. The refs have always been the object of scorn. What is different here is who is leading the charge and why

Lets review why this situation exists in the first place to determine who the true villians are. The NFLRA is on strike for gobs of more money, a more lucrative pension, and to be immune from performance review. NONE of those fucking things exist for me and I am thankful to be working. Nay, the villians - if any - are the real refs - knowing that they would get their network mates to blow shit for them while they sit back and chuckle at all of us knuckleheads.

The replacement refs will get better. We must hang in there and accept it for this year. This will send a message to Triplette - who most Steeler fans despise anyways

VIVA LA REPLACEMENT REFS!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Re: The Replacements

Postby StillDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 am

Back on October 1, 1978, the Houston Oilers were playing a game in Cleveland, which was tied late. Looked like OT. Oilers throw desperation pass down field, a Clowns player appears to have picked it off, the Oilers player then grabbed the ball on the way down, and it was ruled a completion. "Simultaneous possession." Oilers then kick game winning FG, toward the OPPOSITE end of field, because of bottles showering the field at the "Dawg Pound" end, the direction the Oilers were driving..... That play in the Heehawks/Peckers game was IDENTICAL to that play, except that it happened in the end zone..........

And the call in the Clowns/Oilers game was with the normal refs.

(I do recall this happening yet another time...... It was always ruled a "simultaneous possession", even though it looked like the defender had control first.)

My point is who is certain the play would have been called right with the normal refs? I'm certainly not.........

There needs to be a rule stating explicitly if there is clear possession by the defender prior to that for the offensive player, it should be ruled an interception.

I also think the ref may have feared a riot in the stadium if he were to have reversed the call.
Last edited by StillDodger on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 am

I cannot count the number of push-offs I've seen on hail-Mary plays, yet I've never seen anybody flagged for PI for doing that on such a play.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:34 am

The only horrible calls by the replacements in the Steelers games were the PI on Ike Taylor in the Jets game, and the "neutral zone infraction" in the Raiders game. (Should have been an "illegal shift" against the Raiders. That play may have been designed to fool the replacements.) But then again, Puke Taylor could have been flagged FIVE times in that Raiders game for either PI or illegal contact.......... His footwork is not worthy of an NFL corner.

And speaking of putrid footwork, why is Willie Colon still on this team? He has the worst footwork I've ever seen for an NFL lineman. One of the reasons why he commits so many holding penalties. (He could have been flagged about three more times too.)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 am

PGH, you are spot-on. The real story is how well the replacements have done.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 am

I'm with you. Whenever all the media outlets begin banging the same drum in unison, I get suspicious. (see also: global warming).

Some have pointed out that the NFL/officials dispute is a union action and strengthening the so-called labor movement is part and parcel of the left which includes the media. Don't want to start a political argument but this view has some validity. The NFL is no doubt looking beyond this dispute with this union and worrying about the NFLPA's next move.

No matter who is wearing the stripes the NFL has created its own Frankenstein monster with replay and associated rules. Every score reviewed? Why? This is Zero Tolerance, i.e. policy meant to eliminate common sense under another name. Why are you paying officials who are standing feet, even inches away from a play, and asking them to make calls if you will review it anyway? This 'call on the field' stuff is redundant when every score is reviewed.

A fair view is that the officials have improved greatly from Week 1 and despite officials' union types and their sympathizers, there is no way they would require the magical 20 years to get up to speed.

Let's also remember that it's the NFL that has always played up the 'pillar of the community' aspect when it comes to the officials, emphasizing that Referee X is a school principal or that Umpire Z is a retired plant manager. Now that the officials are 'the bad guys' they are merely officials according to the NFL.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Good points by everyone. With a bye week - Stillers may never have another replacement game played, as the media's will is being played out as we speak

I discovered something else. After listening to melon head Turica blow diarrhea for the first half, I activated mute and you know what? I enjoyed the rest of the game

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 am

The real refs returning is bad news for Willie Colon and Ike Taylor........ The problem now is how many holding, false start, and pass interference penalties will it take for the Stillers front office to realize these two players are absolute crap?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Still Peon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:55 pm

PGHeaven wrote:That call last night was not the mother of all bad calls as many claim. The missed call was the push off, not the simultaneous catch. And we have seen push offs go both ways for years. The refs have always been the object of scorn. What is different here is who is leading the charge and why

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but yes, I have to agree with you, as I have been thinking the same thing this whole saga........and that is the bad calls have been no more abundant with the replacements over the real ones. The "real" refs have looked like blind stooges more times than I care to count, and as far as I can see, will only be lambasted even more so now, seeing as they're back and they're also supposed to make an improvement in reducing the boneheaded calls, which they won't. The only thing they will affect is what has become painfully apparent to anyone waiting for the late game to start........the replacement make their stupid calls slower, and extend games much further than they should go. So really, in my eyes it's the networks who broadcast these games that probably made the biggest push to get them back, and the rest of anyone who bitched simply wanted attention. The networks have spoken....'nuff said.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 am

And here we are again. Last night we may have witnessed the worst most tainted officiating in the history of the NFL. I dare any MoFo to say otherwise. This was a prime example of calls WORSE that the replacements.

FUCK Goodell. FUCK the NFLPA! FUCK THE BOZO STEELER HATING ZEBRAS! FUCK MELON HEAD TURICO!

VIVA LA REPLACEMENT REFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stillers.com Team

Re:

Postby trenches » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am

PGHeaven wrote:And here we are again. Last night we may have witnessed the worst most tainted officiating in the history of the NFL. I dare any MoFo to say otherwise. This was a prime example of calls WORSE that the replacements.

FUCK Goodell. FUCK the NFLPA! FUCK THE BOZO STEELER HATING ZEBRAS! FUCK MELON HEAD TURICO!

Still shaking my head at that atrocity... And that's after winning. I'd be going insane if we lost. The entire crew should be fired. Oh... wait they are getting commendations from the crooked commish.

Hall of Famer

Re: Re:

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 am

trenches wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:And here we are again. Last night we may have witnessed the worst most tainted officiating in the history of the NFL. I dare any MoFo to say otherwise. This was a prime example of calls WORSE that the replacements.

Still shaking my head at that atrocity... And that's after winning. I'd be going insane if we lost. The entire crew should be fired. Oh... wait they are getting commendations from the crooked commish.

:suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 am

And now comes word that Ryan Clark was not penalized for the erroneous blatantly staged and bullshitted "blow to the head" call by referee number 147. The 147 is the number of blows to the head that jagoff has given to Roger Goodells little helmet

The stunning cheating and manipulation by the refs the NFLPA and Goodell is mind numbing. I am MFing enraged that the media sits by in silence, as opposed to the lynch mob mentality they exhibited on the replacements. Where was Melon HeadTurico after all of this? Those MFers could flag the peanut vendor and melon head would stand mute. I hate that MFER!

VIVA LA REPLACEMENT REFS!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 pm

"The 147 is the number of blows to the head that jagoff has given to Roger Goodells little helmet"

That's pretty damn funny right there. :lol:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:22 am

And Now folks - with the end of the 2012-2013 season we have only 3 facts of life to agonize over while we are subjected to basketfuckingball and other mindnumbingly fucked sports until the draft saves us from committing hari kari

1) the Rats won the superbowl
2) We SUCK
3) the NFL REFS blow donkey dick! The super bowl fittibngly ended with the most artrociously Fucked game called by the zebras all season long. I HATE THOSE MFERS! Lest we forget - these band of homos were infinitley WORSE than the replacement refs! FUCK MELON HEAD TURICA! I HATE THAT MFER!!! The NFLPA sucks gay cock!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm

PGH...How do you really feel? Don't hold anything back. :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

You know what was really funny after The Ratbirds Win? Seeing their fans on various message boards fend off angry 9ers fans who claimed they won because of the refs.

Now they knew how we felt after The SB win against The Pee-Hawks.

Return to Stillers Talk