Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » Steelers vs. Eagles Game Thread

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Steelers vs. Eagles Game Thread

Postby El Nino » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:27 pm

StillDodger wrote:It's safe to say "nobody" will get the Hard Hat.........

defense did play a good game. offense (specifically o-line) didn't do their part

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:28 pm

I don't know, Troy had a backwards tackle. :-)

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Guinness wrote:Does this make the Ravens the class of the AFC North?

It makes them a serious consideration as an opponent now... Actually, this type of game has to make you seriously consider your intestinal fortitude and ability to step up when needed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:30 pm

There is NO bright spot in a loss. Trying to find the "bright spot" when your ass has been kicked is something dreamed up by some liberal soccer mom to make her kid who sucks think losing is OK. You know....all kids "win" now...garbage. Nuff said.

IT IS NOT OK OR ACCEPTABLE TO LOSE. EVER.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Guinness » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 pm

The defense kept us within a single score the entire game against a VERY good offense with absolutely zero help from our offense allowing them a breather. McFadden and Polamalu were very good.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 pm

The only bright spot this week is that my fantasy team is about to move to 3-0 with 3 dominating wins. Otherwise I'd be looking to punch someone in the face (and I'm not a violent person).

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:32 pm

BigBen7 wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:Nate continues to exhibit pinheaeded stupidity. Byron looks immensely better than Ben. Not a coincidence. NOT the OLine fault entirely today. Equally Bens fault

You're a retard. They cut back on the blitz's for the first 7 or 8 plays with Byron. Ben had no time whatsoever today...Willie had zero running room. Their defense was great and our offensive line was beyond pathetic.

Whatevah BigBen7. Ben was double pumping and stepping into the pressure all day long. Granted Willie Colon and Ken the doll Simmons were vying for matador awards today but Ben was not calling and hitting hot reads AT ALL. Equally screwed in the head was Arians for not using max protect from the second series on. Equally srewed was Coach Tomlin with another display of stage froght. I mean WTF was the 4th down attempt at the end? Every knucklehaed knows you kick the FG and try for the onside kick. What in Fuck was he doing playing mumbledepeg with Ben?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Guinness wrote:Does this make the Ravens the class of the AFC North?

No, it just silences the Kool-Aid drinkers who put the Steelers #2 in the Power Rankings.......

I STILL think that Ben doesn't react like he did before the MC accident..... He looks OK if he has time, but he's no Elway when he doesn't.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Guinness wrote:

The defense kept us within a single score the entire game against a VERY good offense with absolutely zero help from our offense allowing them a breather. McFadden and Polamalu were very good.

Youre right. Mcfadden & Troy were playing lights out football today. Reed was great and why we didnt call his number at the end is beyond comprehension

Tomlin F-

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:36 pm

At least this will stop all the happy talk for awhile among the Stillers players.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby dukemcfister » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 pm

Clearly, this is one of the most pathetic coaching performances on the offensive side of the ball in the history of Stiller football. Arians must be sniffing glue. No screens, slants, draws, or outs to stifle the blitz. No use of the TE's, and no ability to adapt to what the defense gives you. Arians should be kicked in the nuts for that game plan and Tomlin not kicking the FG at the end was inexcuseable. They deserved this shitty loss.

Hard hat should go to McFadden though, he played his best game ever as a Stiller.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:48 pm

ariens should have tried the no huddle 4 wide when nothing else worked, 3 step drop and release short passes.one thing I can not stand about the steelers is they wont change no matter what, keeping in extra blockers did not work so you move onto the next step. jeeez , I cannot stand that!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:50 pm

The one thing I've learned over the years watching the Steelers is this:

When they start shitty, they don't get better. It's just like a veneral disease....it's not going to go away on its own. In fact, it's going to get worse.

That's what happened today.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby deltadweller » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:52 pm

darthsteel wrote:ariens should have tried the no huddle 4 wide when nothing else worked, 3 step drop and release short passes.one thing I can not stand about the steelers is they wont change no matter what, keeping in extra blockers did not work so you move onto the next step. jeeez , I cannot stand that!

But remember. WE won't let other teams dictate what we do." :(

Grizzled Veteran

WE ARE DOOMED.............................

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:53 pm

With the unbeleivably fuckedup play calling today, without them using the running game to set up the pass which has been Da' Stiller's bread and butter for friggin years, I almost get the feeling that those idiots wanted to drop this game intentionally. When what your'e doing isn't working, it's a pretty good sign to try and do something different-DUH?????? I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!! :evil:
CRUCIBLE STEEL AND SPECIALTY ALLOYS DIVISION. COLT INDUSTRIES. VESUVIUS RESEARCH MIDLAND PENNSYLVANIA.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: WE ARE DOOMED.............................

Postby darthsteel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Crucible-steel-kid wrote:With the unbeleivably fuckedup play calling today, without them using the running game to set up the pass which has been Da' Stiller's bread and butter for friggin years, I almost get the feeling that those idiots wanted to drop this game intentionally. When what your'e doing isn't working, it's a pretty good sign to try and do something different-DUH?????? I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!! :evil:

I am seriously hoping you did not watch the game and just listened for scoring updates considering the stillers were running for negative yard most of the game!!

no one who watched the game unfold should say what you just said.

Hall of Famer

Re: WE ARE DOOMED.............................

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:01 pm

darthsteel wrote:
Crucible-steel-kid wrote:With the unbeleivably fuckedup play calling today, without them using the running game to set up the pass which has been Da' Stiller's bread and butter for friggin years, I almost get the feeling that those idiots wanted to drop this game intentionally. When what your'e doing isn't working, it's a pretty good sign to try and do something different-DUH?????? I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!! :evil:

I am seriously hoping you did not watch the game and just listened for scoring updates considering the stillers were running for negative yard most of the game!!

no one who watched the game unfold should say what you just said.

Hes just pissed off like the rest of us. You think you are pretty high and mighty dont you? Come down to earth

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:01 pm

El Nino wrote:

defense did play a good game. offense (specifically o-line) didn't do their part

I thought McFadden played well.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steeledge » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:07 am

PGHeaven wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:Nate continues to exhibit pinheaeded stupidity. Byron looks immensely better than Ben. Not a coincidence. NOT the OLine fault entirely today. Equally Bens fault

You're a retard. They cut back on the blitz's for the first 7 or 8 plays with Byron. Ben had no time whatsoever today...Willie had zero running room. Their defense was great and our offensive line was beyond pathetic.

Whatevah BigBen7. Ben was double pumping and stepping into the pressure all day long. Granted Willie Colon and Ken the doll Simmons were vying for matador awards today but Ben was not calling and hitting hot reads AT ALL. Equally screwed in the head was Arians for not using max protect from the second series on. Equally srewed was Coach Tomlin with another display of stage froght. I mean WTF was the 4th down attempt at the end? Every knucklehaed knows you kick the FG and try for the onside kick. What in Fuck was he doing playing mumbledepeg with Ben?

Yer a douchebag, PinHeaden... :roll:
Go get the snot kicked out of you by a bunch of 300lb guys for an hour, then let's watch your sure-footed ass stand in there, read the defense, and hit your receivers with pinpoint accuracy when you know you've got to wait at least 5 seconds for the play to develop.

The dude was scared shitless - I actually saw a stark similarity between Ben today and Brady in the last SB, and the patsies used a lot more quick-hitting plays and hot-reads in that one.
Wha make you tink I won cutchu, mang?!?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:19 am

Well you guys can blame Arians, Tomlin or the Line. I blame the Qb. How can the qb get the credit when we do good and get NO blame when we do bad. What seperates the great Qbs from the average ones? How they perform under durress. Ben fails this test. Who calls the hot routes? Ben Does. Who calls the line maneuvers? Ben does. Ben doesnt react good to pressure and never has. That is the reality of it. He tries to hit the big play instead of checking down and taking what the d gives him (like Mcnabb was doing). Why wasnt the line an issue when Leftwich was in the game? Because he got the ball out quick and called hot routes. He was sacked once, why? Because he was doing what Ben did, looking downfield for the big play. Not saying Byron is better (no way) I'm saying if Ben dont get over his poor decision making, it will be a long season for us. ANY Qb can look good when he has 5 seconds to throw (thats not the test). The test is what can you do when they are blitzing you, can you make them pay (Ala, Marino,Elway,Montana, Terry B,Aikman,Young,Manning and Brady) or will you concentrat on the line and not the wrs. Come Monday Night Ray Ray and the boys WILL BE COMIN ALL NIGHT. Lets see what our Qb is made of.

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads Forum