Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » OFFICIAL STILLERS VS. CLOWNS GAME THREAD

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Practice Squad

Re: OFFICIAL STILLERS VS. CLOWNS GAME THREAD

Postby derfsandmuskie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Not quite as dominant as I would of liked but no one will remember in January. BB is hurt, I hope he is a quick healer.
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:21 pm

derfsandmuskie wrote:Not quite as dominant as I would of liked but no one will remember in January. BB is hurt, I hope he is a quick healer.

We just need him to get by for 3 weeks then he gets a bye to rest... a shoulder can be scary though.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby JumboHeadYouks » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Ben is definitely hurt. That being said...we did what we had to do on the road and are 2-0. It will take a much better performance @Philly.

Once again...the Clowns and their delusional, blowhard fans were put back in their place.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 pm

3 weeks, thats Eagles next week!
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 pm

I'm impressed. :sudancin:

The weather was positively awful. Ben was playing in the remnants of a Hurricane with an injured shoulder, and yet the offense did not turn the ball over all night. :subngtowl:

The return teams may have looked like the Keystone Kops trying to field punts and kickoffs....but that was wind and rain along the lake, and the swirling cyclonic effect.

Most importantly, the ST coverage unit - which was everyone's nightmare last year - was positively brilliant. Cribbs never got started....and Silverback crushed him in the fourth quarter. I am really, really impressed at how CT and Co. have turned around this unit in one year. Last year, they were awful. Now, they are physical, focused, and fierce. :surockin:

The Steelers played better than the score indicated. They took the lead and never did anything stupid on offense. They didn't turtle, but they played to the situation and the playing conditions. Willie ran his ass off....or at least till he had a hole in this pants. :shock:

I said all week that this game was a sucker trap, especially if Ike came to town. This was a road game they could have well lost, given the game conditions, the injuries, and the match-ups. The fact that they didn't.....is a very good sign. Always a pleasure to beat the Cleve Brownies in their backyard. :sucope: :sucope: :sucope:

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:50 pm

Very astute post, Homer J, I enjoyed reading that!

:suplusone:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:53 pm

Steeler's vote Romeo a game ball!!!

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:08 am

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum