Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » Stillers Game Thread verse Texans - game 1 sept. 7th 2008

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Stillers.com Team

Re: Stillers Game Thread verse Texans - game 1 sept. 7th 2008

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Browns look decent against a solid Cowboy team... I'm glad we started off strong. This season is going to be tough despite the strong start.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:03 pm

Yeah, this might have been our easiest opponent of the season.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:46 pm

Browns look decent against a solid Cowboy team...

Do you still feel this way going into halftime, trenches?

I didn't see anything more than Winslow tying it up... Owens to the goal line, and Barber joggin' it in for the TD. What went wrong in that 14 point gap?

I'm glad we started off strong. This season is going to be tough despite the strong start.

This was indeed a pretty insane start of the season. That was a statement game. I guess it let the league know, "We can beat who we're supposed to beat. Who's next?"

Now that I don't have to look forward to football season :sucope: :sucope: :sucope: anymore... I am REALLY looking forward to that closing stretch of the season.

Here we go! :celebrate:

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:55 pm

WoodsonOfSteel wrote:Do you still feel this way going into halftime, trenches?

As the first half went on, the Crygirls looked more and more dominant. The Dallas O was stronger than their D though. The Cleveland D looks very suspect. I suspect they are going to be inconsistent this year and are playing below par against Dallas.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 pm

The offensive line looked pretty good on the big screen at the Steeler bar (The Pour House) here in D.C. Keomeatu and Colon seemed to have really good games....but there was no chance to isolate them or review the plays. In any case, the Steelers' embarrassment of riches at the skill positions - especially in the quick passing game - can hide a multitude of sins in the trenches. And I honestly think this year's offensive line is much better at pass protection simply because they got rid of Mahan. Faneca earned his reputation with his pulling and run blocking. The OL - in their first game - didn't seem to miss him in pass protection....where he often left much to be desired last year.

We all saw the two busted plays today where Ben got hammered....the first seemed to be a breakdown by the O-Line to let Super Mario get thru....and the second seemed more like he went through one or more of the trio of receivers out there. I'd like someone to take a closer look at those plays and describe exactly what happened. It's entirely possible the second play was one where the Texans simply called the right defense and had a free run at Ben.

What I really LOVED was how they adjusted to Williams' two big plays....they suckered him inside and Parker took the deep handoff on the delay and had a free run outside to the end zone.

Anybody with thoughts on the offensive line??? :subngtowl: :subngtowl: :subngtowl:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Nice post Homer J.

I have been one of their biggest critics, but must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the O-line today.

Of course, one game does not make a season, but if they can keep it up w will go places this year.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby WoodsonOfSteel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Anybody with thoughts on the offensive line???

I think Hi5 will be doing a lot of "I told you so"ing later in the season when this group learns to play as a unit.

They looked better than I hoped they would. Spotchy at times, but all-in-all a solid effort.

:celebrate:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:32 pm

"Wherefore art thou Romeo? The Brownies defensive game plan was a joke. The Giants gave everyone the clue on how to defend the "Boys". Not to rush the entire first half gave the game to the Cowboys. What was he thinking??

The Eagles and Jim Johnson will show you how to play the Boys next week.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum