Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD: Steelers vs Colts; 10-26-2014

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

GAME THREAD: Steelers vs Colts; 10-26-2014

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:19 pm

Man, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought this was going to be ugly!

Lot of season to go but if this team does turn it around and make the playoffs, I think we can look to this one as the game that started the push.

Ben was just awesome, and so was The O-Line against a Top 5 Defense. D was about what I expected, but they made plays when they had to; Gay's INT return for a TD, and the INT in the endzone by Blake to basically end it.

Only thing that enraged me was Heyward-Bey and Blunt's fumble's. Need to hold on to the ball at that point in the game like grim death.

Other than that, this tops The Carolina Game in my opinion as the best played, best win so far. :subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers vs Colts; 10-26-2014

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Amen, 76. And I will add to the infuriating list Haley's call of a QB sweep on 3d and 1 in the 4th. Retarded way to get Ben walloped. Other than that he called a great game and Ben was STELLAR.
I came to check and see if there was a game thread at the end of the 1st quarter and when there was nothing but radio silence I figured it was working for us, so I didn't post anything until the end.
GREAT WIN.
Now we just have to maintain that intensity against Mr. Slave and the Ratbirds next week.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:33 pm

It's a shame that Martavis Bryant dropped that wide open pass in the 3rd Quarter. Ben could've very well been pushing the single game passing record if he had held on to it, which would've at least had gained 25 yards or more.

Oh well; We won a game by 17 that many,(including me), didn't think we had a chance in.

:sudancin:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Yup. And Coach Cowher called it in the pregame. Woulda liked to see Bell rattle off an 8 yarder at the end, too, to get his C-note. Certainly would have rather he tried than send Ben into the teeth of the LB corps like that.
Oh, well. Hard to find fault today. I'll leave that to Mill tomorrow.
:sudancin:

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:26 pm

WOW. record setting day in D'burgh.
-Ben get win 100,
-sets his personal best passing day,
-only QB to get two 500+ passing games,
- Franchise record 6 passing TD's

What else?

Agree would have like to have seen coaches let Bell get the 100 on the ground.

Couple other thoughts:
-Timmons can't cover....Neither can Allen.
-Hope Ike gets back soon.
-Young WR's have some upside. Hope we can develop them. Gives Ben lots of options.
-Might be best game either of our lines has played. Great protection for Ben and push on the runs. D line had great pressure most the game. Still needs some shoring up against the run.
-Good to see Shazier back on the field.
-Kiesel still has it.
-W keeps right int he middle of the AFC North battle....got to win some games in our own division.

What else?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:29 am

What else is the Ben joined Brady, Montana, and Bradshaw as the only four guys who won 100 games in their first 150, ever. (Ben did it exactly on his 150th.)

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:31 am

Agree on Timmons inability to cover, Hammer. That huge 52 yarder we got gashed for was solely because of that. He did, however, rush the passer and play the run well. He was also hitting like a truck all over the field. Allen is terrible. Would like to see if Antwan Blake just got lucky or if he has better instincts and skills.
Agree on Shazier, Kiesel, and both lines. Ben had all day and Luck was pressured from 1st to 4th.

Return to Game Threads Forum