Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD: steelers vs browns 12-29-13

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD: steelers vs browns 12-29-13

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:52 pm

StillDodger wrote:The Steelers missed the postseason because of how awful they played early in the season, not because of a missed FG by the Chiefs that should have been made.

The Chiefs have to take care of their business. The Steelers had 16 games to show who they are.

Ok... We could sneak in with a 8-8 season. And honestly I think we could have been dangerous in the postseason.

Why ? Not because we are strong. Just because the AFC is very weak. Just look at the NFC. Arians... Coach of the year.... The cards go 10 - 6 and will be watching just like us. We had the chance because of the others... Not because of us... I hope that the Rooneys consider that we are now in 2 non postseason years and that 3 years ago we LOST TO TIM TEABOW.

So it now makes it 4 years since we were somehow competitive in January

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 pm

I dunno Ohio, I don't really share your sentiment. Late season loss at home to the 'phins, not even a playoff team, in bad weather? They didn't really beat anybody who was any good this year. They got manhandled by the Patsies and literally gave up. Sure they beat the Bengals but they're the Bungles, they arent going anywhere.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 pm

We also missed the postseason in spite of a healthy borderline HOF quarterback starting every game....... My biggest concern with this current coaching staff is playing "experience" over the best players on the roster. (Woodley over Worilds being a blatant example.... ) I'm kind of on the fence w Tomlin....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Pommah wrote:I dunno Ohio, I don't really share your sentiment. Late season loss at home to the 'phins, not even a playoff team, in bad weather? They didn't really beat anybody who was any good this year. They got manhandled by the Patsies and literally gave up. Sure they beat the Bengals but they're the Bungles, they arent going anywhere.
The Fish loss was the real killer..... The Pats loss raises the red "cheat" flag..... I think Bill Belichick knows Mike Tomlin's playbook better than Tomlin himself.....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Pommah wrote:I dunno Ohio, I don't really share your sentiment. Late season loss at home to the 'phins, not even a playoff team, in bad weather? They didn't really beat anybody who was any good this year. They got manhandled by the Patsies and literally gave up. Sure they beat the Bengals but they're the Bungles, they arent going anywhere.

Pommah AFC sucks. The Playoff teams are :

Denver - Manning gives his best in the Regular season
Boston - Plenty of injuries
Kansas city - Strong but with a questionable QB
Cincy, San Diego and Indy - all look like one and done. San Diego against Cincy... Wow

Look at the NFC :
Seattle
Carolina
Philly
San Fran
New Orleans
Green Bay ( with Rodgers )

NFC is much stronger. We had a chance in the AFC playoffs. It will be down to Kansas Denver and New England

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Ohio wrote:

Pommah AFC sucks. The Playoff teams are :

Denver - Manning gives his best in the Regular season
Boston - Plenty of injuries
Kansas city - Strong but with a questionable QB
Cincy, San Diego and Indy - all look like one and done. San Diego against Cincy... Wow

Look at the NFC :
Seattle
Carolina
Philly
San Fran
New Orleans
Green Bay ( with Rodgers )

NFC is much stronger. We had a chance in the AFC playoffs. It will be down to Kansas Denver and New England
The NFC isn't really much stronger.... Interconference games, the NFC won 34 to the AFC's 30..... But you look at the bottom four teams in each conference, those in the NFC went 6-10 against the AFC, while those in the AFC went 1-15 against the NFC. The two conferences were otherwise even.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Ohio-- yup the AFC sucks, no doubt, but the Steeler defense is just too shitty for the likes of Manning or Brady not to shred it and the Steeler offense is just not up to par to win a scoring duel with those two. Maybe the Steelers win the wild card game...maybe. But that would be it. Their defense just cannot even pretend to stop a decent offense anymore and the Steeler's offense will falter at a critical point.

You know I am kind of getting tired of this passing league shit now-- I miss the old days. I doubt you will see a Steel Curtain again.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby High5 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:54 am

Did you all hear about there should have been a flag on the Chargers on the FG attempt. Illegal alignment ,they overloaded the right side with 7or8 players. Should have been a 5 yd penalty moving idiot succup closer. Tough way to go out. I know we really didn't deserve to be playing in the playoffs but the Steelers did show heart and winning 6 of their last 8 games. They were starting to click again, and definitely could have been dangerous in the playoffs. Just a tough day, to have all the stars come to align and both balty and miami lost. Then it was unbelievable the Chiefs almost and should have won with all those starters out. Wouldn't have been so hard to swallow if one of the 3 teams we needed to lose win.
Steelers will be back, you negative people, keep walking .

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:17 am

High5 wrote:Did you all hear about there should have been a flag on the Chargers on the FG attempt. Illegal alignment ,they overloaded the right side with 7or8 players. Should have been a 5 yd penalty moving idiot succup closer.
I don't recall a flag ever being thrown for this, it would be as common as the "pushing a teammate" flag on the Patriots early in the season.... I wouldn't go crazy over that.

If we were a 10-6 team, and were eliminated by a game like that, I'd feel a little differently about it. (The 10-6 AZ Cardinals didn't make the playoffs.)

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum