Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » Post your Stiller-Dolphs in-game comments here ...

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Post your Stiller-Dolphs in-game comments here ...

Postby Pommah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Dodger, I saw that too. Pathetic. Clear, clean hit by the Browns guy on a play that is automatically reviewed, yet they can't over-rule that kind of call on the field. Then a PI call that gives the Patsies the game. Again, cannot review that kind of call. I barely recognize it as football anymore.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby bubbybrister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:10 pm

This is Godell's stamp on the game, when in doubt throw the flag to benefit the offense. Refs don't have anything to worry about because the league office will back them up, 110%. Often times, will fine players for making clean, legal hits just to back-up the monkey-ass calls on the field.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pommah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Thing that gets me is what is reviewed, and what isn't.

Looks like LeVeon Bell gets in the end zone. Automatically reviewed. Oops, he didn't make it in before his helmet pops off, no score, the Steelers have to use their 2-point conversion play to get the TD and then miss the 2-point conversion. If it weren't for the automatic review, it's a TD.

Then on the play today Pats-Browns, Edelman scores, so the play is automatically reviewed. The replay clearly shows it's not a helmet to helmet hit on defenseless receiver, it's shoulder pad to shoulder pad, as clean and legal as can be. but that's not "reviewable" so the key 15 yard penalty stands.

And then PI is not reviewable. What more important call is there than PI in the end zone? But not reviewable.

So unbelievably picayune stuff gets reversed like Bells' helmet strip non-score, yet amazingly bad, so bad even the announcer says its horrible call, stuff stands, because its not reviewable, even though it's in the end zone.

It makes the head spin. Again, it's not football anymore. Its some sort of bizarro video game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:13 am

Pommah wrote:Dodger, I saw that too. Pathetic. Clear, clean hit by the Browns guy on a play that is automatically reviewed, yet they can't over-rule that kind of call on the field. Then a PI call that gives the Patsies the game. Again, cannot review that kind of call. I barely recognize it as football anymore.
My big problem doesn't even have much to do with the Steelers per se..... (I was upset last week over what I thought was a blatant PI infraction that was missed, but I've seen other teams victimized by this.) I just think the New England Patriots get special treatment to NBA-like "superstar calls" that is given to no other team in the league..... And consistently so.....

I mean, look at the one game the Pats did NOT get such a favorable call (against Carolina)..... Of all the calls allegedly missed late in games this season, only that one makes national news..... Yet I personally thought the non-call in that particular play was the correct call. It's as if even the media expects the Pats to get games handed to them gift-wrapped.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:04 am

I just saw that lateral play at the end..... I didn't realize the Steelers came very close to stealing that game.....

That said, I noticed there was a good two feet of space between Antonio Brown and the final defender....... Brown was too careless in regard to where he was, and stepped on the sideline where he could have easily avoided doing so. And it cost us maybe the most-miraculous play since the Immaculate Reception. (Although I'm also not sure if that final lateral from Ben to Brown was an illegal forward pass. That play might have been called back for that.)

Oh well................ :sushootem:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:20 pm

I seem to recall a third down play that was stopped short of the line when Ryan Clark was flagged for unnecessary tackling, too. Even the guys in the booth were like, what the fuck? Instead of settling for a FG the Fins got a 1st and G.

Granted, the larger problem in this game was highlighted by the very next play, when some unknown Miami RB walked into the EZ without being touched for 6. Our defense was DEPLORABLE in this game. After everything that happened, including some questionable officiating, we had a four point lead with 4 minutes left and let Ryan Tannehill march 80 some odd yards down the field to score the game winner. RYAN TANNEHILL!!!

I'll say it again. RYAN FUCKING TANNEHILL!!!

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:53 pm

A couple of thoughts.

With almost 3 minutes to go, why are we going with no backs in the backfield? Why give up on the run, have no playaction, and get forced into 3rd or 4th and long? You don't have to get yardage in 20 yard chunks with that much time.

Where is Jarvis Jackson? Does this guy do anything for this team?

And what is up with the players hugging and smiling and laughing after the game, yucking it up with a defeatist loser like Mike Wallace? I understand good sportsmanship and that you have a relationship with a former teammate. But you just threw away your season with this loss. Where is the anger? Where is the indignation? I would rather see Hines Ward crying, or someone throwing a helmet, than see these guys laughing and dancing after a season-killing loss at home to a mediocre opponent.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Matthew1516 wrote: I would rather see Hines Ward crying, or someone throwing a helmet, than see these guys laughing and dancing after a season-killing loss at home to a mediocre opponent.

Amen, Matthew. Amen.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum