Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD= Steelers vs. Ravens 10-20-13

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD= Steelers vs. Ravens 10-20-13

Postby Ohio » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:42 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:The failed on-sides killed them.

Free to believe whatever you like. I think that the third down and one with 13 minutes ( where they lost one minute and a half ) and that long 8 minute drive killed them.

You have 10 minutes and you are down one TD. Both teams with 2 TD. You need a little no huddle. Our Defense played to bend and slow them down. We covered the sidelines in order for them to stop the clock. Certainly not the best way but a very very good way to make it a 2 minute game with the ball in our hands. The Sanders return did the rest.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Mixed feelings about this one. Obviously a win is a win and a win against the Rats is doubly sweet. That having been said, it frustrates me to watch the Stillers pretty much control the game throughout only to allow the deflating, eight minute TD drive to make Flak-O look like Unitas. If not for Sanders' good return, that could have easily ended up a quick three an out for us and the rats getting the ball back. Thank God that's not how it ended but I have a knot in my stomach about that drive our defense allowed. Bend but don't break is tough to watch sometimes when the pressure we had put on a little in the very beginning seemed to be working.

Anyone else wonder why we keep "spelling" Bell? He seemed to be our best option at RB but Haley (or Tomlin, I don't know) seems to refuse to leave him in. Is it a conditioning issue? Is it just to validate the Felix jones acquisition? I don't get it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:16 pm

isfry wrote:Mixed feelings about this one. Obviously a win is a win and a win against the Rats is doubly sweet. That having been said, it frustrates me to watch the Stillers pretty much control the game throughout only to allow the deflating, eight minute TD drive to make Flak-O look like Unitas. If not for Sanders' good return, that could have easily ended up a quick three an out for us and the rats getting the ball back. Thank God that's not how it ended but I have a knot in my stomach about that drive our defense allowed. Bend but don't break is tough to watch sometimes when the pressure we had put on a little in the very beginning seemed to be working.

Anyone else wonder why we keep "spelling" Bell? He seemed to be our best option at RB but Haley (or Tomlin, I don't know) seems to refuse to leave him in. Is it a conditioning issue? Is it just to validate the Felix jones acquisition? I don't get it.

Totally agree with everything you just said. I would also point out one thing :

- With only ONE Punt and ONE FUMBLE WE only score 19 Points. That is not good enough. We need TD not FG. If we dont' change it quickly we are going nowhere. We cannot score enough in the redzone. We only scored with a "trick " play today. I mean if we have this big 20 Milion Dollars QB this shouldn't be a problem.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:20 pm

One last thing...

It is nice to see how much players respect their coach. After Dumblin prohibited Miller respected it today.

When will we see some somersaulting in the end zone again ?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Just been thinking with all the injuries teams have been having, if we start having injuries, we could go south quickly! Yes we lost Pouncey, but he has been capably replaced. Foote was no loss at all imho.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Ohio » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am

pinpon wrote:Just been thinking with all the injuries teams have been having, if we start having injuries, we could go south quickly! Yes we lost Pouncey, but he has been capably replaced. Foote was no loss at all imho.

I am no Fan of Larry Slow a Foot. But...
Foote was no at all ? Have you been watching the games ? Do you understand the game of football ?

Foote loss was actually a big blow. Not so much for what he was doing as much as the people around him are not able to do.

His " Natural " substitute was sixth rounder Vince Williams. Who, after the Vikings game, has not seen the field much. As pointed on others Steelers pages, now we are using a lot of 5 and 6 backs sets. Basically Foote has not been replaced. Or, if you like, Polamalu is replacing him as " Linebacker".

Make no mistake Foote biggest asset was the run defense. Baltimore didn't have much to run while the Jets were able to run when needed against us.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Yes I do watch the games. Foote we should have moved on from years ago. Part of the problem is the front office and coaching staff have not groomed an adequate replacement. I get he makes the calls. Why on God's green Earth is he the only one who can make the calls??

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Ohio I did put imho which means in my humble opinion. It's just my opinion that and only that.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum