Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:16 pm

I see a PI penalty call on the Giants' final drive. Legit or horsesh!t, one will occur.

Stillers.com Team
User avatar
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby trenches » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Ike running hard! Yeah baby!

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Sanders pushed off and got away with it..............

Stillers.com Team
User avatar
Posts: 964
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby trenches » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I can't believe this game was won.

Talk about against all odds after first half officiating.

With the Ravens win this was big.

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Easily the most complete game the Steelers played. The Giants are not a bad football team.

Seasoned Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby DirtDawson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Oh man, being a Stiller fan living in the dead center of Manhattan, I can't BE more psyched about this win!


This is HUGE. They looked GREAT throughout the game. The O-line stood up against a really talented pass rush.

The defense stepped up HUGE. So many 3 and out's on the Giants.

Heath Miller continues to have an amazing season, it's great he's finally getting more acknowledgement.


Ben friggin Roethlisberger. Just the gratitude I have for him being our QB, always keeping us in games. He HAS to be the best QB we've had. In terms of passing and providing that clutch offensive spark.


The one guy who really stepped up that I didn't expect was Emanuel Sanders. He made alot of nice catches down the stretch, the final first down to clinch the game, the TD, the amazing Punt return.


Wow what a win. I am PSYCHED!!!

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Keenan Lewis looks like a major upgrade for our secondary........ (The PI called on him was HS, but he kept playing.) His plays early in the game knocked down Eli's confidence. Eli plays great if he starts well, but those early pass breakups really made him shaky afterwards...... The pick he threw to Ike (a Dong pick) finished him off. Reminds me of how Mark Sanchez played against us, but unlike Eli, what killed Sanchez' confidence was his receiver dropping a TD pass.

Just thought of it, we beat both NY teams this season.

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 pm

DirtDawson wrote:Oh man, being a Stiller fan living in the dead center of Manhattan, I can't BE more psyched about this win!


This is HUGE. They looked GREAT throughout the game. The O-line stood up against a really talented pass rush.

The defense stepped up HUGE. So many 3 and out's on the Giants.

Heath Miller continues to have an amazing season, it's great he's finally getting more acknowledgement.


Ben friggin Roethlisberger. Just the gratitude I have for him being our QB, always keeping us in games. He HAS to be the best QB we've had. In terms of passing and providing that clutch offensive spark.


The one guy who really stepped up that I didn't expect was Emanuel Sanders. He made alot of nice catches down the stretch, the final first down to clinch the game, the TD, the amazing Punt return.


Wow what a win. I am PSYCHED!!!

He might not be the best QB in the league, but I think he's the best with poor pass protection.

Seasoned Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby DirtDawson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 pm

StillDodger wrote:Keenan Lewis looks like a major upgrade for our secondary........ (The PI called on him was HS, but he kept playing.) His plays early in the game knocked down Eli's confidence. Eli plays great if he starts well, but those early pass breakups really made him shaky afterwards...... The pick he threw to Ike (a Dong pick) finished him off. Reminds me of how Mark Sanchez played against us, but unlike Eli, what killed Sanchez' confidence was his receiver dropping a TD pass.

Just thought of it, we beat both NY teams this season.



I agree, brother.

Keenan's really stepping up this season. I hope he can maintain this level of play. He's obviously playing hard considering now is his time to prove himself as the starter. So far he's really proving overall to be dependable and consistent.

I can't believe Ike caught that INT. Even he could barely believe he caught it LOL the way he was holding the ball was like Indiana Jones holding the goblet.

Seasoned Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby DirtDawson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:53 pm

StillDodger wrote:He might not be the best QB in the league, but I think he's the best with poor pass protection.



Having been a Stiller fan for a couple decades (but I wasn't born during the Bradshaw Era), Ben's been the biggest godsend to the team, by FAR.


Just having a QB who can stick with it, always give your team a chance to win, clutch late in games, is huge.


Remember the Kordell Stewart years? And look at things now. We have SO MUCH to be thankful for when it comes to Big Ben.

Greenhorned Rookie
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby BoltX » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 pm

I am at loss of words. Actually I don't know what to think. Helluva game by redman and well, take your pick. Defense is still crappy - but they got to Eli when it really was needed.

Loved both forth down calls. And, not to be forgotten , fukk you godell.

Practice Squad
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby NOVASteel79 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 pm

D is still crappy? I can't agree w/ that. I've been plenty critical of them at times this year, but the defense was outstanding today.

Now any comment of fuk Goodell I absolutely agree with!!

Grizzled Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby StillDodger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm

BoltX wrote:I am at loss of words. Actually I don't know what to think. Helluva game by redman and well, take your pick. Defense is still crappy - but they got to Eli when it really was needed.

Loved both forth down calls. And, not to be forgotten , fukk you godell.

The run defense wasn't all that great (I thank the Giants for not sticking with the run), but the secondary played its best game in a LONG time....... Eli Manning was rattled after the pass breakups (Keenan Lewis) and pick, he then played to not throw a pick rather than to complete a pass.

It's hard to say how the secondary would have played against a QB who doesn't lose his confidence so easily. (I think this is the primary difference between Eli and Peyton.)

Hall of Famer
User avatar
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Re: Steelers-Giants Game Day Thread

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 am

StillDodger wrote:TWO ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC CALLS!!!!!!!!

Who says the replacement officials were worse??



There you go! Motherfucking bullshit last night! The replacements were BETTER than these NFLPA union motherfucking aholes!

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

Don't be stingy, share: