Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » 10-16-11 GAME THREAD -Steelers vs. Jax

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: 10-16-11 GAME THREAD -Steelers vs. Jax

Postby ballhair » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:21 pm

As usual, Ben plays like Tom Brady the first Qtr. then the rest of the game he plays like a scared rookie. Same old shit.
The Steelers will only be as successful as Big Ben is!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:36 pm

PGHeaven wrote:What should have been a blowout almost blew up in our face. 100 % attributable to the worst half of football Ben has played this year.
It was maybe the worst half of football he's ever played in which the pass protection was at least decent.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby thepixburghkid » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 pm

PGHeaven wrote:4) SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF sUISHAM

PGHeaven wrote:BR7 Fucking blows. Its that simple

Typical steelers fans....team does good you all praise them...they do bad u want them dead...got i love reading this forum cause it really shows who the complete fucktards are in steeler nation

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:04 pm

I still think Bruce Arians is the heart of the problem on offense. The Jags "D" adjusted to our explosive start, then it looked like a Woody Hayes-coached offense trying to hold onto a lead.

I've noticed when there is max pursuit to the ball by the opposing "D", we never run plays to throw that pursuit out of position. I've seen plays by other offenses where the pursuit runs past the play, and then gets burned. We have never run such a play since Whisenhunt was OC. (We almost never run the ball out of the shotgun.)

(In defense of Ben, the Jags' secondary was lights-out in the second half. It was as if our receivers forgot how to get open. I'm not used to seeing Ben standing in the pocket, waiting for someone to get open, but not happening. The pass protection was actually decent this game. I railed on Ben earlier for fearing a pick, but to be honest, a turnover would have done us in. As well as an incomplete pass on the final possession. Taking the sack there was the correct decision. If the Jags had time for one extra play, it might have made a difference.)

The roughing the kicker penalty really killed us. What's sad about that incident is we were in the driver's seat up to that point. We needed a blocked punt like a giraffe needs stilts. Opposing offenses tend to play their best when they're dealing with house money, in which a stupid penalty saves possession. (The punt might have been tipped, but I think a challenge would have been "inconclusive", which would have make the play and penalty stand.)

I think if Tomlin has a weakness, he's not a good situational coach. I guarantee you for how much I despise Bill Belichick, you'd never see the Patriots try to block a punt with a big lead.

We need a new place kicker. We'll be in trouble if we ever get into a game exchanging field goals.

If our OL creates running lanes, Mendenhall is fine. But when teams stack the box to stop the run, I'd rather see Redman in there.

The lack of takeaways on defense is alarming...... Really alarming....................
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:08 am

thepixburghkid wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:4) SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF sUISHAM

PGHeaven wrote:BR7 Fucking blows. Its that simple

Typical steelers fans....team does good you all praise them...they do bad u want them dead...got i love reading this forum cause it really shows who the complete fucktards are in steeler nation

Don't know if you've noticed or not, but Suisham has been terrible this season. 7 for 11 on FG's. He had a bad post-season last year, and he's carried it into this season. What do you think that warrants? Back slaps and beers?

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum