Re: Week 9: Game Thread - Steelers vs. Bengals

Postby napnewman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am

man up now

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am

ESPN is about to get the Theme they wanted for this game:

Bengals back against the wall
Steelers blow 20 point lead for 1st time ever.

and they can thank the refs
and goodell for his bogus fines changing the way the game is played.

i'm starting to think this shit is as scripted as the WWE.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:46 am

OhioSteelerFan wrote:this IS the beginning of the midseason meltdown :sushootem: :supissed:

Win or lose we suck balls. The refs are a fucking joke. The rules have fucked the teams that are specificfally targeted. Goodell has ruined football

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:48 am

I will add that Ben Roeth looked like shit on a stick

Hall of Famer

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:48 am

nothing like keeping it exciting but i'll take the win :subngtowl:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:49 am

This is one of those wins that feels more like a loss..................... :supissed:
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:50 am

PGHeaven wrote:
OhioSteelerFan wrote:this IS the beginning of the midseason meltdown :sushootem: :supissed:

Win or lose we suck balls. The refs are a fucking joke. The rules have fucked the teams that are specificfally targeted. Goodell has ruined football

:suplusone: to all of that

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:51 am

Ravens will hand us our ass if we play like this. Yes, the Ravens will hands us our fucking ass. But I'm happy for the W tonight.
You asked with your eyes Trent, you asked with your eyes.

Hall of Famer

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 am

PGHeaven wrote:

Goodell is a fucking moron.

Hall of Famer

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 am

i think every defense in the league should tell Goodell to fuck off and not take the field next week.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 am

I'm tired of waking up reading Still Mill post game analyses that begin with lines like, "The Stillers slopped and lollygagged their way to a win in yet another subpar performance..." Not tired of Mill writing this, tired of the Steelers giving Mill cause to write it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby IronCity__Man » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:01 am

SteelThatDon'tRust wrote:I'm tired of waking up reading Still Mill post game analyses that begin with lines like, "The Stillers slopped and lollygagged their way to a win in yet another subpar performance..." Not tired of Mill writing this, tired of the Steelers giving Mill cause to write it.

well Mill better write what a great play Lebeau made by inserting himself into the game and breaking up that last pass given that if they score he blames Lebeau

Grizzled Veteran

Postby IronCity__Man » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:02 am

SteelThatDon'tRust wrote:I'm tired of waking up reading Still Mill post game analyses that begin with lines like, "The Stillers slopped and lollygagged their way to a win in yet another subpar performance..." Not tired of Mill writing this, tired of the Steelers giving Mill cause to write it.

well Mill better write what a great play Lebeau made by inserting himself into the game and breaking up that last pass given that if they score he blames Lebeau

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:03 am

IronCity__Man wrote:

:D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ILLSTILL » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:06 am

"The Stillers nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory"

mark it down, one of my favorite lines

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:11 am

I don't think I've ever been so angry after a win. I've been defending him up until now, but Reed needs to go. Mark my words, he's going to cost this team a crucial win in the future...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby madmoney125 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:24 am

We won!!!! Yay!!!... :| :| :| 6-2 is still 6-2. Glad our defense kinda closed one out this week. Why do the Browns keep beating powerhouses the week before we play them?

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby tourosteelersfan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:43 am

I usually wait for Mill's post-game analysis but I need to get on the board in order to get on with the rest of my day. Let's look at the glass as half full. This was a necessary win and there were some encouraging signs: great special teams play (except for Reed missing his last FG attempt); strong rushing by Mendenhall behind a makeshift offensive line; a stronger rush on the passer than last week because of the mostly correct decision to blitz Palmer. The Randle-El pass worked and the play call on Ben R's interception was correct - he just threw a duck. And the refs blew at least one, maybe even two calls on the Bengals' last TD drive (the penalty on Hampton was a joke; and the call on Ike Taylor came late from the ref who was on the other side of the field). The Steelers have to be considered in the playoff mix because no team is dominant this year. But let's not forget: William Gay, I smell something burning - wait it's you as TO catches another pass. And Ben R, where did you go in the second half? Flozell Adams, can we save the fisticuffs for the off-season?

The offense needs to step up next week - even if the defense occasionally gets to Brady on the blitz, it's going to be a long game for the secondary.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum