Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD - week3 - Steelers vs. Tampa

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD - week3 - Steelers vs. Tampa

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Wacky fact: Do you realize the three teams we played are a combined 6-0 in their other games? :twisted:
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Practice Squad

Postby PsychoWard » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:01 pm

BGSUsteelers wrote:
PsychoWard wrote:Anyone else really irritated that we let Mendenhall rot on the bench for years to watch Willie "scared of the line" Parker run like a coward?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you just trying to sound like StillMill because that's the thing to do? Mendenhall suffered a season ending injury his rookie season after about 5 or 6 games. Last year he was the full-time starter by the 4th week. I would hardly call that years. It's not even A year. It's a handful of weeks that he was on the bench.

You are delusional.

Tomlin was all over him last year and intended to keep him on the bench. Remember that he was "in the dog house".

It was only by the grace of the oft-injured Willie "scared of his own shadow" Parker (He stubbed his toe... AWWW POOR KID) that he was able to explode for 165 yards and 2 TDs in Week 4.

Parker sucked and has always sucked. He was awful in SB XL until he ran through that gigantic hole that any of 25 RBs in the NFL could have run through. That one play punched his ticket for WAY too long.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

PsychoWard wrote:
BGSUsteelers wrote:
PsychoWard wrote:Anyone else really irritated that we let Mendenhall rot on the bench for years to watch Willie "scared of the line" Parker run like a coward?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you just trying to sound like StillMill because that's the thing to do? Mendenhall suffered a season ending injury his rookie season after about 5 or 6 games. Last year he was the full-time starter by the 4th week. I would hardly call that years. It's not even A year. It's a handful of weeks that he was on the bench.

You are delusional.

Tomlin was all over him last year and intended to keep him on the bench. Remember that he was "in the dog house".

It was only by the grace of the oft-injured Willie "scared of his own shadow" Parker (He stubbed his toe... AWWW POOR KID) that he was able to explode for 165 yards and 2 TDs in Week 4.

Parker sucked and has always sucked. He was awful in SB XL until he ran through that gigantic hole that any of 25 RBs in the NFL could have run through. That one play punched his ticket for WAY too long.

You said, and I quote, "Anyone else really irritated that we let Mendenhall rot on the bench for years." Now you are saying, and I quote, "Tomlin was all over him last year and intended to keep him on the bench." So which is it? He rotted on the bench or intended to keep him on the bench? Do you have proof that he intended to keep him on the bench? I think the evidence suggests that he NEVER intended to keep him on the bench. He did choose to start him over Mewelde Moore last year when Parker was out. If he INTENDED to keep him on the bench, he would have. Fact of the matter is, Mendenhall has been healthy for 22 games in his career and has started 15 of them! That is only SEVEN games he has "rotted" on the bench. That isn't even half of a season.

So let's run this down.

1.) First you said he rotted on the bench for years. I proved that you made that up, because he only sat on the bench for the equivalent of less than half of a season.

2.) Then you said Tomlin intended on keeping him on the bench. Again you made something up. You have absolutely zero evidence to support that. In fact, you are just talking out of your ass now. The only game he was actually benched, was last year against Cinci, and that's because he gave a half-assed effort in practice earlier that week.

3.) Point three will come with your next response.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby IronCity__Man » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 pm

I've come to the conclusion that only 10% of the posters here even know what bench rot is. Most people will scream bench rot for a player like ryan mundy.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby madmoney125 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:00 pm

IronCity__Man wrote:I've come to the conclusion that only 10% of the posters here even know what bench rot is. Most people will scream bench rot for a player like ryan mundy.

They heard someone else say it and it sounded good. Trying to be cool LoL
Proud of our guys for this 3-0 start. Thought we could do it, but kept my enthusiasm in check and instead opted to watch the Titans game with my Titan buddy and the Bucs game with my Buc fan friend. More enjoyable than I could have imagined after all the hell they've been giving the Steelers. 4-0 is definately realistic, but we haven't faced a team like Baltimore yet. Needless to say I like our chances! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:39 am

BGSU - Your 3rd point made me laugh out loud!

Madmoney - We have faced a team like Baltimore. Tennessee is very similar. Note that they have handled their other 2 opponents rather easily and the same could be said about Atlanta. That tells me a lot about the Stillers. Stilldodger made a great point that our first 3 opponents are 6-0 in their other games. Very telling indeed!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby madmoney125 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

SoCal Stiller wrote:BGSU - Your 3rd point made me laugh out loud!

Madmoney - We have faced a team like Baltimore. Tennessee is very similar. Note that they have handled their other 2 opponents rather easily and the same could be said about Atlanta. That tells me a lot about the Stillers. Stilldodger made a great point that our first 3 opponents are 6-0 in their other games. Very telling indeed!

Thats true, but Tennessee beat Oakland and a stumbling Giants team. Bucs beat Cleveland and Carolina. Atlanta's win over the Saints is the only impressive one and their other was a home game against Arizona. I'll give you they are similar, but Baltimore is on a whole other level.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:07 pm

madmoney125 wrote:
SoCal Stiller wrote:BGSU - Your 3rd point made me laugh out loud!

Thats true, but Tennessee beat Oakland and a stumbling Giants team. Bucs beat Cleveland and Carolina. Atlanta's win over the Saints is the only impressive one and their other was a home game against Arizona. I'll give you they are similar, but Baltimore is on a whole other level.

Agree. Still too early to determine who is good & who is bad yet when it comes to head to head records though. Every year a few teams rise up from the bottom to the top and vice-versa. Need a few more weeks to determine who's who.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum