Hall of Famer

Re: Week 2 Game Thread: Steelers vs. Titans

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Did Hines have a catch?

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:18 pm

OhioSteelerFan wrote:Bungles 15 Ratbirds 10 final

We move up in the division. Defense plays lights out football. Anyone know what in fuck Will Allen brings to the picture

Grizzled Veteran

Postby napnewman » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm

I think Hines caught a slip screen in the 1st half

Seasoned Veteran

Postby DirtDawson » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:20 pm

BGSUsteelers wrote:Everyone exhale...

just did.

Games like this aren't good for the nerve. I think I got an ulcer watching this game...

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 pm

napnewman wrote:I think Hines caught a slip screen in the 1st half

Wallace dropped a ball, Hines dropped a ball, Heath dropped a ball, Randle Ell dropped a baall. SUCKED!

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

DirtDawson wrote:
BGSUsteelers wrote:Everyone exhale...

just did.

Games like this aren't good for the nerve. I think I got an ulcer watching this game...

Offense was booring and defense played their best game in years. I rather enjoyed todays mauling. It wasn't until we went softy in the final 3 minutes that my old ulcer started to tingle

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelandblood » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Even with the softer coverages and only sending 3 or 4 guys near the end, the D didn't give up anything horrendous or implode.

I can't decide between Troy P and Timmons who made the big plays and Aaron Smith who got excellent penetration enabling our linebackers and others to make some great things happen.

Offensively I gotta throw Pouncey's hat in the ring again, as well as Mike Wallace for some great hustle. Not a stellar day for the O per se but given the situation they could have played far worse.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm

steelandblood wrote:Even with the softer coverages and only sending 3 or 4 guys near the end, the D didn't give up anything horrendous or implode.

Aaron Smith who got excellent penetration enabling our linebackers and others to make some great things happen.

Offensively I gotta throw Pouncey's hat in the ring again, as well as Mike Wallace for some great hustle. Not a stellar day for the O per se but given the situation they could have played far worse.

I am sorry, but what game were you watching?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby steelandblood » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:31 pm

PGHeaven wrote:
steelandblood wrote:Even with the softer coverages and only sending 3 or 4 guys near the end, the D didn't give up anything horrendous or implode.

Aaron Smith who got excellent penetration enabling our linebackers and others to make some great things happen.

The game we just won with our D on the field the whole game it seemed. That one.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:32 pm

PGHeaven wrote:

The D played a great game. Easily the reason the Steelers are 2-0 right now.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SteelThatDon'tRust » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Our offense didn't just simply suck. Titans D played well also; give credit where it is due. But our D? That was as dominating a display as I can remember.
You asked with your eyes Trent, you asked with your eyes.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby BGSUsteelers » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:57 pm

SteelThatDon'tRust wrote:Our offense didn't just simply suck. Titans D played well also; give credit where it is due. But our D? That was as dominating a display as I can remember.

Agreed, but knowing StillMill, he will only focus on the Steelers giving up that TD at the end and give Lebeau a D-

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:33 pm

steelandblood wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:

The game we just won with our D on the field the whole game it seemed. That one.

Oh, I thought maybe you were watching a tivo of some other game because nothing you said occured in the game against the Titans today

Grizzled Veteran

Postby madmoney125 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:53 am

Great game today! Feels amazing to be 2-0 without Ben. Love our Steelers are playing stellar on defense. If we can stay healthy on that side of the ball we will be definite contenders when Ben gets back. Any reservations I had of this season are now gone and my expectations are high as they ever are.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum