Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » Week 3 Game Thread: Steelers verse Bengals

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Greenhorned Rookie

Re: Week 3 Game Thread: Steelers verse Bengals

Postby punum123 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm

TROY P my ass!

This team AND THE COAHING STAFF lack any type of killer instinct.

If we cant beat the chargers next week we dont deserve to make the playoffs

absolutely ruined my weekend...nice job guys

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby punum123 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:15 pm

we'll be watching the fucking ravens in January - hows that for an ugly mental picture

Grizzled Veteran

Postby napnewman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:15 pm

if this D can't handle Cincy, what the hell is going to happen when we see the new, potent Ravens offense.

I don't know if Troy would have made a difference - I barely heard Harrison's and Woodley's names called during the game. They have to dominate.

As for the O, my money is on Ben. When you need to put up more numbers, let Ben run the offense. Second week in a row he's given no opportunity to win the game in a final drive (although the game should have already been put away)

Practice Squad

Postby Chazz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:16 pm

It''s 2006 all over again! Time to take a season off after winning The S.B. Oh, and Bungles, you still suck. You were hand delievered this win, so you better enjoy it. It says a lot when you beat a Division Rival, and you/your asshole fans celebrate like you just won The S.B. Well, that's as close as your EVER going to get. You castoff-criminals are going nowhere. Bank on it.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Bears "D" in exact same situation ours was in.......... See if the outcome is a little different.............
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:20 pm

What bothers me is not so much that our team played poorly, but some decisions the coaching staff made. If we punt at the end of the half, it's a different game. If we didn't use our TOs in that final Bungles' drive (on dead balls), Ben might have had a desperation shot.

Hall of Famer

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:20 pm

StillDodger wrote:Bears "D" in exact same situation ours was in.......... See if the outcome is a little different.............

No Bears D doesn't roll over and play dead

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Bears "D" in exact same situation ours was in.......... See if the outcome is a little different.............

And the outcome was different. Stopped the HeeHawks on downs.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 pm

What an embarrassing loss!! This year's team has just introduced a new possible scenario... 2009 with no playoffs. Baltimore is taking care of business and we are losing games we should win. The division is now the Ravens' with their 2 game lead and the same lame remaining schedule. The wild card is not out of reach, of course, but it's realistic that the Stillers just played themselves out of contention being behind two division foes both of whom are improved. Cincy, don't forget, should be 3-0 if not for a fluke last-minute play.

Tomlin and his patty cake, Club Med training camp are to blame. Saving your veterans means nothing if you promote a soft, kindergarten attitude which is clearly the case after two lame, late losses. Perhaps Coach Mike should be in charge of grade school dodge ball where everybody wins and aggression is down-played.

Oh, and don't bring up Troy. One injury-prone player is not to blame. Troy is a difference maker but we all know that he miss games due to the way he plays... he is hugely injury prone, period. The team needs to forge ahead despite him... plain and simple.

Disheartening... :no: ... and unacceptable.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Bears "D" had to face almost 20 more plays than our "D"............ So even the "winded" excuse is lame.........

We have fundamental weaknesses that are covered up by a few great players. All it takes are Troy or Ben going down to expose them.

Practice Squad

Postby bellenberger » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:27 pm

OhioSteelerFan wrote:Gonna be a looooooooooooooooong season

Agreed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:32 pm

What's sad is we were a couple of stupid decisions away from being 3-0............ If we go for the short first in the Bears game, and if we punt at the end of the first half of this one.

If nothing else, we can now fire Bruce Arians.................
Last edited by StillDodger on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby TheStillerWay86 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:12 pm

StillDodger wrote:What's sad is we were a couple of stupid decisions away from being 4-0............ If we go for the short first in the Bears game, and if we punt at the end of the first half of this one.

If nothing else, we can now fire Bruce Arians.................

Mike Milarukey Still alive? Apologies on the spelling. Im slowly burning this Sweed jersey i found and calling up Gateway's head coach for Our OC. Yall know Gateway could dominate our D right now.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Texas_Stillers » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 pm

I agree with Stillmills assessment of Woodley this season...The guy is playing more like Alonzo Jackson rather than the beast we saw last year. This team cannot get on the same page.

It makes me sick seeing us bottom feed with the Brownies right now.

The only thing that would make me feel better (besides Ann Hathaway giving me a hot oil massage) is seeing the Cryboys get beat Monday night.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Texas_Stillers » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 pm

punum123 wrote: FUCK PHIL SIMMS!

Yeah, think he kissed enough bungle ass today? I'm starting to hate him as much as Danny Dierdorf.

Practice Squad

Postby Chazz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:48 pm

If I'm Tomlin, The Steelers would be practicing tomorrow. Fuck this Mon. and Tues. off bullshit. Those days off should be EARNED. You want to lose to a shitty Bungles Team? Expect there to be consequences.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby punum123 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:49 pm

no sleep tonite...

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum