Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » Game 2 - Steelers v. Bears game thread

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Hall of Famer

Re: Game 2 - Steelers v. Bears game thread

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:33 pm

bellenberger wrote:
PGHeaven wrote:
No l Gravity l wrote:Defensive breakdown, Jeff Reed playing around too much at practice, Holmes 4 drops, and Willie Parker putting Ben in tough situations costed us the game.

Thats pretty accurate. Defensive breakdown was in the secondary. Carter is not the solution. No fucking way. Time to scramble and get something else figured out. Old Tyrone is going to get us to 1-5 by the time Troy is back. By the way, William Gay was utterly Horrible as well and Ike looked like he mailed it in

Cutlet 27/38 236 isn't exactly tearing it up. They ran a good scheme against the zone blitz with their short passing game and Cutler's quick release and arm strength. We also missed a few sacks with Cutler's movement.

Why we lost:
2 missed Reid field goals
1 int due to play call/pressure on Ben while throwing
3 drops (including 1 TD by Holmes)

You mean the offensive lapse. You cannot be serious in saying that there was no defensive contribution to losing this game

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:39 pm

There is something fundamentally awry with Reed......... Even one of the FGs he made last week looked horrible.........

Could it be Sepulveda's holding, maybe?
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:43 pm

What a whacked week......... Steelers lose to the Boars, Titans lose at home to the Texans, Patriots lose to the Jest, Packers lose at home to the Bungles.......................

The only game that was normal was the Clowns........................

Practice Squad

Postby bellenberger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 pm

You mean the offensive lapse. You cannot be serious in saying that there was no defensive contribution to losing this game

I don't think they were as critical as the offensive lapses, especially with Troy out. Don't underestimate Cutler. He is a head case, but he can make some throws. And some luck was involved--they got an extra 10 yards on that last drive on that strip by Harrison.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 pm

1 int due to play call/pressure on Ben while throwing

Prior to that pick, we were DOMINATING that game.......... I think it got inside Ben's head.

We score on that drive, it's a totally different game. Cutler falls apart if it becomes at least a two possession game.

I mean, even that first missed FG........ Ben takes a sack on the prior play...... Would have been a gimme. (I realize Reed normally makes those, but why take a chance?) The second missed FG, we needed two measly yards on third down, and we had to pass because our short yardage run game sukks.......

I guess I know how Bungles and Bills fans felt last week. We had no business losing this game. We did about so many little things wrong to tip the scales the other way.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:50 pm

bellenberger wrote:

I don't think they were as critical as the offensive lapses, especially with Troy out. Don't underestimate Cutler. He is a head case, but he can make some throws. And some luck was involved--they got an extra 10 yards on that last drive on that strip by Harrison.

But that doesnt make any sense. (esp with Troy out) as if that grants the defense a pass on poor play. I should have mentioned that Dick Lebeau was unable to make an adjustment to keep Carter out of mismatches all game long and he didnt. So add that to the defensive debacle as well. And on the strip, Carter was playing with his dick instead of paying attention or he would have had the bead on the pigskin

The absolute most crucial offensive letdowns were the Ben INT and Jeff Reeds misses. They ran the ball well, real damn well, and while Holmes wasnt great, Hines was. They make the FGs (gimmes) and the score is 20-14. More than enough offense in a slop fest

Cmon man get your head into it

Practice Squad

Postby bellenberger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 pm

But that doesnt make any sense. (esp with Troy out) as if that grants the defense a pass on poor play. I should have mentioned that Dick Lebeau was unable to make an adjustment to keep Carter out of mismatches all game long and he didnt. So add that to the defensive debacle as well. And on the strip, Carter was playing with his dick instead of paying attention or he would have had the bead on the pigskin

I'm sorry, what was the score again? Yea, it was 17, not 31. Cutler was a Pro Bowl QB. This isn't 1972. 17 points isn't that much to give up w/o your best defensive player. We are not an "all-time" elite D w/o Troy. The offense has to step up and make a couple more plays.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby frankensmith91 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 pm

well, can't win em all, and as long as i remember we have always had trouble playing in chicago. if there's any bright sides to this, the mistakes made in this game can be corrected, it's not like we got beat.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

A little bit of good news.
I don't believe the steelers suffered any major injuries during the game.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 pm

bellenberger wrote:

I'm sorry, what was the score again? Yea, it was 17, not 31. Cutler was a Pro Bowl QB. This isn't 1972. 17 points isn't that much to give up w/o your best defensive player. We are not an "all-time" elite D w/o Troy. The offense has to step up and make a couple more plays.

Read Stillmills postgame analysis rookie and try again next week. OR you can just follow your loverboy Veal Cutlet the rest of the season. After all your posts reflect more Chicago love than Pittsburgh love. See ya rookie

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum