THIS IS LIKE A BROKEN RECORD.

Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers vs. Giants Game Thread

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:32 pm

TONIGHT BEN AND THE OL FUCKING STINK!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby logjammin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 pm

the 4th quarter has reminded me of the Stillers of the 1980's.

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Wow, 4 Int in a game.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I rest my case about the guy. MY GOODNESS!! 4INTS SHIIIIIIIIISH

Practice Squad

Postby renatus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

next week another game...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby El Nino » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

did they even get positive yardage in the 4th quarter?

Hall of Famer

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Aikman said it all "A pretty poor showing by the Steelers offense all around"
Last edited by OhioSteelerFan on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Practice Squad

Postby renatus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:I rest my case about the guy. MY GOODNESS!! 4INTS SHIIIIIIIIISH

again i ask you..who do you want playing QB?

Stillers.com Team

Postby Nel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:35 pm

OhioSteelerFan wrote:Aikman said it all "A pretty poor showing by the Steelers offense all around"

Yes, that was poor. Aikman was on target.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby GCCSteel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:36 pm

I have seen Ben come back a few times under pressure. I wouldn't say he is HORRIBLE under pressure. I would say that there is clearly some problem with this team. Is Ben's processing the problem? Is playcalling the problem? Is the line the problem? Are injuries the problem? Yes. I would say so, to all of the above. Stop trying to pin it on one person. Ben has the tools he needs to succeed. He is a good QB. He is not the thing that needs changed.

I don't mind this loss. We played tough against a tough team with an injured team. We are still 5-2. This would be bad if this loss occured at a key point in the season. I don't think we are there yet.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UncleDick » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Ben was horrible today. It seems like every 3 games the Offense lays a fucking egg.

Starks is fucking awful, as is Colon. What was it 18 knockdowns?? Thats fucking digusting.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:38 pm

OhioSteelerFan wrote:Aikman said it all "A pretty poor showing by the Steelers offense all around"

Giants played poor offensively as well but the difference in the game is WHEN IT COUNTED one qb made plays for his offense and the other one did not. Its all about making plays

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:39 pm

UncleDick wrote:Ben was horrible today. It seems like every 3 games the Offense lays a fucking egg.

Starks is fucking awful, as is Colon. What was it 18 knockdowns?? Thats fucking digusting.

How many times was Eli sacked? I dont remember ONE. He read the d and got the ball out and it negated our blitz. The guy has understanding. But your right Starks/Colon are horrible but when Ben had 5 seconds he still held the ball.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Hoppy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:40 pm

I surrender, where were the screen passes, flanker reverse, flea flicker....also the spread formation. Bruce totally took us out of this.

Tomlin is blind to any offensive game. Our "D" should go on strike...............

Hall of Famer

Postby OhioSteelerFan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:
UncleDick wrote:Ben was horrible today. It seems like every 3 games the Offense lays a fucking egg.

How many times was Eli sacked? I dont remember ONE. He read the d and got the ball out and it negated our blitz. The guy has understanding. But your right Starks/Colon are horrible but when Ben had 5 seconds he still held the ball.

I suppose Manning did all this without an OL

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:42 pm

GCCSteel wrote:I have seen Ben come back a few times under pressure. I wouldn't say he is HORRIBLE under pressure. I would say that there is clearly some problem with this team. Is Ben's processing the problem? Is playcalling the problem? Is the line the problem? Are injuries the problem? Yes. I would say so, to all of the above. Stop trying to pin it on one person. Ben has the tools he needs to succeed. He is a good QB. He is not the thing that needs changed.

I don't mind this loss. We played tough against a tough team with an injured team. We are still 5-2. This would be bad if this loss occured at a key point in the season. I don't think we are there yet.

WE shoulda blew these guys out. We are the better team. Who gets the credit when you win? QB. So he should get the blame in a loss. Eli WILL get much credit for this win and rightfully so. Our team is good there is NO WAY our offense should be this stagnate

Seasoned Veteran

Postby KingCool » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:42 pm

The o-lone isn't great... and Ben looked pathetic holding the ball way more than he should.

BUT.... the receivers obviously weren't open. Why? Because Douche Bag Arians doesn't have the first clue on how to exploit weaknesses in an opposing defense.

The Giants were stacking the box and playing man-to-man... and Arians can't exploit that to save his life.

God... they have to get rid of this clown after this year... how many o-coordinator jobs must he hold in order for people to realize he's an ass clown.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Hoppy wrote:I surrender, where were the screen passes, flanker reverse, flea flicker....also the spread formation. Bruce totally took us out of this.

Tomlin is blind to any offensive game. Our "D" should go on strike...............

Here we go blaming it on Arians/Tomlin WOW. How many picks did they throw?

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 pm

GCCSteel wrote:I have seen Ben come back a few times under pressure. I wouldn't say he is HORRIBLE under pressure. I would say that there is clearly some problem with this team. Is Ben's processing the problem? Is playcalling the problem? Is the line the problem? Are injuries the problem? Yes. I would say so, to all of the above. Stop trying to pin it on one person. Ben has the tools he needs to succeed. He is a good QB. He is not the thing that needs changed.

We have a serious chronic to the point of fatal problem. When the opposing defense decides to pressure the QB we are powerless to stop it. On top of that our QB gets the GD Kordell Deer in the headlights spooked look and everything goes straight down the toilet.

5-2?

We could easily end up 8-8 from here or worse. But it is all a mootpoint. Ther is NO FUCKING WAY we will go anywhere in the playoffs like this. NO WAY

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads Forum