The defensive coaching staff has indicated that they�d like to see us take a DB, and obviously with Scott and Washington becoming UFA�s next year, we need a CB. There has been a huge run on CB�s though, so here�s a look at a couple of guys I like who are left (in no particular order):
- Ligarius Jennings CB Tennessee State 5�10� 195� 4.49 - excellent coverage skills, but his over aggressiveness and tendency to gamble combined with marginal recovery speed cause him to get burnt. He will probably go before our pick at 111.� Said to love the game.
- David Mitchell CB Ohio State 6�1� 195� 4.50� also played some FS. Experienced Thrown at a lot due to Nate Clemmons presence at other CB spot. Did well.
- .Carey Scott CB Kentucky 5�11� 208� 4.39 �nice size and speed, but can he be taught to play the game?
- Kenneth Grant CB Kentucky 5�10� 206� 4.43 -� Nice speed. Good hips. Uses size well when jamming WRs. Physical presence against the run. Biggest weakness is reading and reacting to offenses.
- Jimmy Williams CB Vanderbilt 5�11� 190� 4.48 � Good speed and hips. Also returns kicks. Has physical skills to play in NFL, but poor work ethic and mental mistakes kept him form developing it. Our coaching staff might be able to polish him though.
- Hakim Akbar DB Washington 6�0� 195 4.49 � Played safety in college, but has the physical skills to make the transition to corner just as Scott has. Is physical and has the ball skills, just needs experience.